What's new

what inverts would you like to be flyers

mad mouse

Roller Poster
this was sparked by a dream I had about two weeks ago where my favourite invert got turned into a flying coaster the coaster in question jubilee odyssey at fantasy island .
so I pitch the same question to you. what invert would you like to be a flyer?

BBH

Giga Poster
There aren't many invert layouts that lend themselves well to the flying concept. I say based on the layout my choice would probably be Banshee if the bottoms of the sharper drops were more drawn out.

Posted while reading your mind.

Snoo

The Legend
From my experience, only two.. Patriot and Great Bear. They both have some semi drawn out elements that would be great for the flying experience. Great Beat more for the scenery tho.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I heard at the beginning of April that Tatsu was going to be an invert? :wink:

Phaethon would be interesting.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Interesting topic.

Some of the newer, floatier ones would suit it nicely. But I'd be really interested to see Dragon Challenge turned into fliers (and have them actually duel). The first near miss with the Zero-g roll would be pretty sweet: You'd actually be looking down/up at the other riders.

Also maybe Nemesis or Black Mamba, due to the terrain. Looking directly at the close ground would be pretty cool.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
^^ Other than the ride being so tight and quick, Nemesis as a drawn out flyer would be sh*t scary in that little valley!

I don't think any of them would really work as flyers though, they need to be designed with the speeds and G's in mind. The Wing-riders however would probably be a much better shout.