What's new

What do you consider a “good” ride count at a theme park?

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Since I am blessed with the privilege of working most weekends, I always make sure to go on days where I can expect no queue to be more than 30 minutes generally. Getting only 5 rides in a day sounds like a miserable experience even when I plan to get plastered in a theme park (like I would at Wintertraum in Phantasialand, which is always hopelessly busy).

The thing is, a busy day can be enjoyable. A calm day, that surpasses the 1.5 rides per hour rule is very enjoyable. However, visiting a park on a day where literally everything is a station wait is so ridiculously good, that it has spoiled me forever. I have been at every nearby theme park on a day like that, and honestly, I would probably pay annual pass prices for only a single day like that every year.

Getting 20 rides on a Log Flume until you have the perfect photo and not worrying about how this will prevent you from getting all coasters in the park is just such a wonderful thing, it's like a whole different ballpark of theme park day.

The only exception I would make is when a park (this really only applies to Disney) is so large, that you kind of have to go on a busier day to even get the whole experience. I have been to Disneyland Paris on the Magical Bonfire weeks in November, and even though I didn't really wait for anything - which is rare especially for Disney parks - it was a little bit depressing to see that I was too late for Halloween, and too early for christmas. Accordingly, a bunch of coasters were closed. When I go to Disney again, I will make sure to get the full experience, rather than looking for the emptiest week of the year.