What's new

What do you classify as a Milestone?

Edward M

Strata Poster
Who cares? It's a count of how many roller coasters you've ridden. If you want to celebrate each one, go for it. Our hobby is literally riding roller coasters. Just have fun.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Hyde said:
Darren, you know that your post came across as trolling. Please be more considerate.

Considering your every 100 roller coaster milestone is a simple, easy interval. Afterall, coaster counts are the perpetual manhood measuring contest every upstanding coaster enthusiast participates in. While 50s are a fairly round number to also include, as gavin mentioned, there is a point of diminishing returns where intervals other than 100 carry less of a punch.

Good god, I agree with Hyde on something.

First, I think you need to chill, Matt. If Darren was doing it to be cruel to Jarrett, then fair enough, scold him for it, but Jarrett and Darren are civil and friendly off the forums, so they're just having a little bit of banter. We might as well just be robots while posting if we're always suppose to be courteous and agree with eachother. Also, when certain people make sex jokes and jokes about anal, nobody bats an eye even though it's meant to be a family friendly forum, so why this?

I like you, Hyde, but quit being SUCH a stickler for every rule! Coasterforce will lose all its big personalities if you keep shutting people down even when it's just in good fun.

Smithy

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
First, I think you need to chill, Matt. If Darren was doing it to be cruel to Jarrett, then fair enough, scold him for it, but Jarrett and Darren are civil and friendly off the forums, so they're just having a little bit of banter. We might as well just be robots while posting if we're always suppose to be courteous and agree with eachother. Also, when certain people make sex jokes and jokes about anal, nobody bats an eye even though it's meant to be a family friendly forum, so why this?

I like you, Hyde, but quit being SUCH a stickler for every rule! Coasterforce will lose all its big personalities if you keep shutting people down even when it's just in good fun.

lul wut

Ignoring that Darren actually quoted Hyde and agreed with him, it was a blatant troll from Darren (the bit about lack of ambition) that he was hoping Jarret would bite on.

I read it and though "Oh, it's going to lead into one of those discussions. Again.

So I was glad to see Hyde nip that one in the budd.

Seems strange of you to just jump in and dig at Hyde's moderation by bringing up other issues and the like?

Like it seems strange of me to just pop in and quote you.

Memories.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^To be fair, Smithy, I agree only on the part where Hyde mentioned that anything other than 100's packs less of a punch.

And you're happy that Hyde nipped it in the bud, really? You have in the past and still do thrive on the drama this forum sometimes provides. It's why everyone likes you on here ;)

Yeah, I troll, but I keep it to the confines of aquantinces these days. And let's face it, new members are likely to stick around if there's a bit of excitement around the place. There was a time when established members used to go after newer members, but those days are long gone. We keep it to ourselves now and I don't see any harm in that when it's played out in moderation.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Drama no, debate yes. Absolutely nothing to be gained from winding up a few yanks apart from having to sift through a load of needless posts with either excuses or cock-waving.

Re-read my post last night and it comes across harsher than it was intended, emphasis should have been more on it being one of those arguments that would follow rather than just calling you out as a troll as obviously most of the time it's in jest (**** off will I use the term 'banter').

Jer

Strata Poster
Every single coaster I ride is a milestone, why?

Because this is what I enjoy, and going out and enjoying my life at any new park is a milestone ride in my book, ever cred means something, and every cred has that "first ride" moment, which makes it a milestone.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I'm just glad that you don't list every new coaster you ride in the Milestones topic.

It's every 100 for me, but I have a hard time remembering most of my milestones tbh. I'm glad we have the topic so that I can look them up from time to time to refresh my memory. The one I remember the most is that **** ing screaming squirrel at Gardaland that was my 500th when I wanted it to be Raptor, but that's what I get for having a milestone come up during a CF-Live. :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Same. I can remember 1,000 since it was very recent and it's easy to remember given the number: Millennium.

I couldn't tell you what any of the others were unless I looked back through here. They're mostly really non-eventful since I don't make a concerted effort to get a major coaster as a milestone.

Jer

Strata Poster
ECG said:
^I'm just glad that you don't list every new coaster you ride in the Milestones topic.

It's every 100 for me, but I have a hard time remembering most of my milestones tbh. I'm glad we have the topic so that I can look them up from time to time to refresh my memory. The one I remember the most is that **** ing screaming squirrel at Gardaland that was my 500th when I wanted it to be Raptor, but that's what I get for having a milestone come up during a CF-Live. :p

want me to go list them now, its a pretty short list :lol: