What's new

What do/did Your Parents Think?

If I mention coasters my family tend to zone out until I've stopped talking.
I've asked my mum about attending a CF-Live next year, she said OK, but I don't really think she understands what it is.....

Before my dad passed away in october, he was right there up on the station platform of every coaster with me. My mother on the other hand, she still thinks I'm crazy for riding coasters in the first place, let alone spending my time on forums and running a podcast.

I don't think my parents would be exactly thrilled about CF, but they wouldn't go beserk or anything if they found me posting. I definitely don't think I would be allowed on any CF trips - at least, not until I'm older.

I really can't believe there's anyone aged 18 or over (or even 17 tbh) who actually give a toss what their folks think. For God's sake, man up.

To be fair, I always ran everything by my folks when I was younger (and still do really) but they know I'm old enough (and have been since late teens) to make my own decisions. I think they just see it as their job to make sure I've thought it through properly first.

I know when I went to my first live, Mum made lots of comments like "Hmmmm, well, I suppose it'll be ok... won't it?". I think she was actually more worried that I was going to be camping by myself. Not sure why, I first went camping when I was just weeks old, and actually lived in a tent for 6 months...

But yeah, just to reiterate my point... If you're old enough to be legally responsible for yourself, tell your rents to poke it. On the other hand, if you're younger, you just need to learn to be more pursuasive.