• The weekend? Surely not!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A topic I've thought about for quite some time. I've been meaning to start it for a while now, and I'm really interested to know what day your rubbish is collected.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Mine is collected on a Monday. But every other Monday. The other Mondays are used to collect the Brown stuff and the blue stuff. Alternately.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thursday. It used to be a Tuesday but it was changed three months ago.

The road opposite us has theirs collected on Tuesday now. It used to be a Monday. It's very strange the way that ours was moved two days and theirs only one.

They have to drive all the way down our road too to get to that street. Why don't thy do our road on the same day? Surely it would be more efficient to do all the same area on one day?

Dave

CF Legend
At halls the 2 bins in my room are collected on a Wednesday by the moody cleaners. The kitchen bins are cleared everyday, but that dosen't really count.

Ollie

CF Legend
We put the bins out on Tuesday evening and they get collected Wednesday morning. The bins alternate so one week it's the household waste and the other is recycling and they switch between the two.

Ben

CF Legend
Martyn said:
Mine is collected on a Monday. But every other Monday. The other Mondays are used to collect the Brown stuff and the blue stuff. Alternately.

This.

And in halls the kitchen bins are taken on a Wednesday.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I think ours is collected on a Wednesday but our bins only get collected every 2 weeks. Its €5 each time you put your bin out so most people squash their rubbish and leave it until the next time or chuck it into the recycle bin which is free to put out. The recycle bin gets collected every 2 weeks too.

+1 post

Rush

Giga Poster
Every Thursday. Always has been for the last 10 years.

Apart from the time when the truck couldn't get up the hill due to ice. That was funny to watch.

I hope my information has been useful for your investigation Ian.

A

Anonymous

I have no idea, since they come and collect a little now and then since we have several bins due to the recycling rules we have, and they only empty a few at the time

Rach

Giga Poster
Wednesday morning.

Household waste is collected every Wednesday and then it alternates every two weeks between green waste such as grass and leaves and recycling boxes.

+1

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I drop mine in the garbage chute down the hall and it goes away.

This happens every week and a half or so.. or when the pile overflows the trashcan enough that our expertly made trash tower collapses and everything needs to get cleaned up.

The truck comes by every Friday and grabs stuff I think..

Rory

Mega Poster
General household garbage gets collected on Friday once a fortnight. Garden Waste and Recycleable waste gets collected once a fortnight...though theyve changed the collection times so much we've lost track :S

Error

Strata Poster
Never.

My dad's cheap and not eco-friendly so we burn all our trash, and recycle what we can. Both because it's free.

Peter

Hyper Poster
I have a fortnightly bottles, glass, newspapers and magazine collection on Mondays.

Un-eaten food, thin cardboard and garden waste every Tuesday.

Any other rubbish every Wednesday.

My local area has a wierd set of collections. I gets confusing as to what needs to go in what box and put out on which day. :p

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
Wednesdays for everything... But the little grey bin which is general waste is every week.... The green one is every other week.... and the blue and black ones are every two weeks :?

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Unknown, but at a guess I would say that Wednesday is the day upon with the refuse collection agency frequents the neighbourhood.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Originally, it was Tuesday and Thursday, then it was Monday, but now it is every second Monday with the opposite being for recycling bollocks.

In that time the original rates were £30 a month, and now CT is £120 a month for the reduced service - progress?

thx

Mega Poster
Like loefet we have different waste/recycling rules over here. The only bin that 'people' come and empty is household trash. It's done about once a month?? (since I actually notice it happen max. 3 times a year), for the record last time was yesterday actually.

As for other recycling, there are huge recycling boxes scattered around, mainly, in bigger parking lots, where people have to 'sort' their rubbish out themselves.