What's new

What are your favorite “clone/basic” coaster models?

GotsFancyPants

Roller Poster
Sky Rocket IIs provide great ejector air and hangtime, and if I remember right decent positive gs too. Now if only they were all like the zombie one in Mexico...

Niles

Giga Poster
I’d kill to have one of those built nearby. A great layout that more parks should pick up on!

I can dream , but hay I’d take any of the new gen Vekoma clones for the UK, if there still a cheeper option to b&m, intamin and other manufacturers I have no idea why we have not seen them pop up in Europe as a whole.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Of the coasters I've ridden, Flash/Hyper Coaster gets my vote. Solid Hypercoaster with an awesome first drop, very decent airtime and fun inversions.

Curious to try an Intamin Megalite, or the upcoming Vekoma Firestorms (any news on the Vietnam one which was supposed to open last year?!...) otherwise.
Planning my Euro trip now, and I have to say that among the coasters I’m most excited for, Piraten is really high up there. It just really looks like my kind of coaster. Hope I won’t be disappointed.

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
I feel like I’m going to be roasted for this, but I can’t think of many rides I’ve laughed more on with friends than Reverchon spinning mice. They’re obviously not /good/ rides, they’re just so wildly uncomfortable and tacky and fun.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Planning my Euro trip now, and I have to say that among the coasters I’m most excited for, Piraten is really high up there. It just really looks like my kind of coaster. Hope I won’t be disappointed.

Well I was slightly disappointed by Mega-Lite at Happy Valley Shanghai. Fantastic agressive airtime, but Lech and smaller RMC offer more fulfilling experiences overall imo.

Batman the Ride Inverts aren't my favourites. I haven't got a really good ride on these for a VERY long time. I experienced a distracting rattle of both SFMM and SFGAdv's iterations. It's intense, but I don't particularly like the layout :s