What's new

Weston Super Mare

FloridaTix

Roller Poster
I hadn't been to Weston Super Mare for about 20 years and I got the impression that it has changed a lot since then. The first time I went I remember playing on the arcades for a stupid amount of time on the pier and having a run around on the beach.

I went again last weekend with my girlfriend. The grand pier seems to have changed a lot since being there last time. This thing was incredible, with loads of arcades and rides inside include a kid's free fall ride and a go kart track!

Does anybody go regularly? If so has it really changed a lt over the years?

Anyway, I had a great time eating fish and chips and ice cream. Thankfully the wether held out as well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The whole pier burnt down a few years back, so you may well have been comparing the old one and the new one.

I haven't actually been back to Weston since before the fire, and frankly I don't really care to. I think the place is a bit... sorry... at the moment. It always felt run-down and trying to hang on to it's 1940s seaside feel... Shame really.

FloridaTix

Roller Poster
Wow, I had no idea the pier burnt down. I must have had my head in the ground.

I think if they beautified the town a little more and had some good shops and cafes with a proper shopping highstreet, the place might do well from it. Also the addition of small rollercoaster might help as well. They had a Ferris Wheel when I was there which I think was a temporary feature, but I suppose it might be quite difficult to compete against Blackpool. I did feel that the pier was the only thing people were there to see though which is a bit sad.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah, it got burnt good and proper...

68D67A2E-CC8D-EFFD-48A7F3D0A3709C2E.jpg