What's new

Weird/Strange Moves By Parks

andrus

Giga Poster
1) Liseberg opening Atmosfear when they already got two tower rides (in the close proximity as well!)

2) Liseberg opening another launched coaster focusing on inversions when they already have Kanonen..

I'm sure though this is only temporary, and that they have a plan for the redundant attractions now that they replaced them with more high quality ones :) Although at the moment it seems kind of weird! :lol:

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
andrus said:
2) Liseberg opening another launched coaster focusing on inversions when they already have Kanonen..

To be fair, Kanonen is **** from what I've heard whilst Helix is one of the best in the world.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Kanonen IS ****, but adding Helix to the park only serves to highlight that further.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ Same, I don't really get the hate. I mean, compared to Helix most coasters seem meh in comparison, but on its own Kanonen was decent enough.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It's the worst Intamin accelerator by a pretty long way, including Rita and Desert Race. Even before Helix was at the park, it was mediocre at best. Now, with Helix, it's basically redundant.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Yeah I thought Kanonen was ... Meh. Would rather ride it then Rita and its Desert Poop though.

But adding Helix makes zero sense when they only recently got Kanonen. Maybe they will sell it. That park is weird full stop.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^Completely different rides IMO. Kanonen's main feature is the launch, whereas on Helix it serves the purpose of a moderate thrill instead of a lift hill. Not once did I compare the rides during my day at Liseberg.

To wade in on the Kanonen argument, I'd put it as follows on the Accelerators scale;

Top Thrill Dragster
Stormrunner
Furius Baco
Stealth
Kanonen
Kingda Ka
Desert Race
Rita

I think it's pretty damn good to be fair, easily the 3rd best coaster in the park.

njn63

Mega Poster
Six Flags naming a coaster Batman: The Ride that is not a B&M invert. Especially when you consider there is a B&M "Batman" model at the park with the name Goliath.