What's new

Weather Guarantee being tested at SFNE

Luxornv

Mega Poster
I saw this linked from the ACE Facebook page:

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/ ... antee.html

I don't think this will work out. I suppose it would work for people who are close to the park and can easily make it back there if the day they do happen to experience a rain out. However, most of those people have season passes. For others who may plan travel around a park visit, they'd either end up going anyway or cancel that part of their trip.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It's one of those things that looks impressive, that appears to be helpful to visitors, regardless of the fact that the actual uptake could be minimal.

It's a great marketing tool which will cost them practically nothing.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
When I saw the thread title, I thought "that's a **** name for a roller coaster (and we didn't even have a construction thread)"

nealbie

CF Legend
Chessington have been using this (well, similar) for a few years now. By which all it has to do is rain for one hour straight and you get a free ticket to comeback. I always wondered why the other Merlin parks don't do it too.

The Six Flags one seems to have far too many terms and conditions to be worthwhile, so you may as well just get a discounted ticket.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ When I worked at Chessington, it has always been the policy that it had to rain from the start of your valid ticket, till the queue lines are shut. Not aware that it changed to just 1 hour?

Drayton Manor also do this successfully!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Yeah its only an hour at Chessie now. I didn't know it was ever all day. The ticket has to be purchased in advanced so that you were forced to go that date, that's the only t&c I know of.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I could see this kind of policy working for a regional amusement park, such as SFNE. I'll be intrigued to see how the program proceeds.