What's new

WDW Magic Kingdom | Tron Lightcycle Power Run | Vekoma Motorbike Coaster | 2023

Peet

Giga Poster
I mean that's how Disneyland was built! A lot of rides were sponsored. All throughout the parks histories.

Right now the people mover is sponsored, the fireworks show even says "Brought to you by Pandora" at the end 😂
Ha fair enough thanks for the info. I haven't been to the USA ones but don't remember seeing this in Paris or HK. I feel like it must shatter the illusion a little bit after they have gone to so much effort on the immersive theme but I guess I should leave that judgement to people who have actually visited!

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Maybe it’s a super meta-joke thats above us.

Visiting the Magic Kingdom: akin to the stress of hiring a van and moving house 🤷‍♂️

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Ha fair enough thanks for the info. I haven't been to the USA ones but don't remember seeing this in Paris or HK. I feel like it must shatter the illusion a little bit after they have gone to so much effort on the immersive theme but I guess I should leave that judgement to people who have actually visited!
Don't get me wrong I think it's very tacky. But Disney has always had sponsored rides is all. The original Disneyland railroad was even sponsored by a train company :D

Rock_N_RollBob

Roller Poster
I always associate Monsanto with the ride I thought for sure "was gonna wreck my life permanently". I was 5 or so, but it scared me pretty good the first time I rode it.

Attachments

• monsanto.jpg
    monsanto.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 61

Markiewong

Roller Poster
Paris is not subtle either, see spoiler. You should take a look at their physical maps, theres sponsors and ad's everywhere.
1675091132779.png1675091334489.png
1675091439284.png
1675092098056.png

Turns out the railroad used to be sponsored by Mcdonalds.
1675091985101.png

And don't forget this classic in Japan ;)
1675091767383.png

Pear

Strata Poster
Rode it today during cast previews and it's a very fun ride that is more forceful than expected! The only big issue is that the theming in the building is a bit sparse and feels dated already. The screens indoors were also at a very low quality and looked terrible especially in comparison to the screens on Guardians.