What's new

WDW Magic Kingdom | Tron Lightcycle Power Run | Vekoma Motorbike Coaster | 2023

BobaFett

Roller Poster
During the Disney D23 Stream, it was just announced that it will open in Spring 2023. Bummer, as I will be visiting for the first time this November and was still hoping it would be open til then.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
*sigh*

I remember how we in 2019 thought it was a bit of a joke that the coaster wouldn't be open before 2021. Oh well, time to edit the thread title for the third time.

cookie

Giga Poster
*sigh*

I remember how we in 2019 thought it was a bit of a joke that the coaster wouldn't be open before 2021. Oh well, time to edit the thread title for the third time.
I mean, I feel like if it wasn't for D23 scheduling and the need to close the Speedway and the railroad back in late 2018, it probably wouldn't have been announced as early as it was. The other D23 '17 announcements started construction much earlier than this one did.

Lukas D

Roller Poster
It's more about when Disney wants to open this up than when they can. I assume Disney World will be packed throughout the holiday season anyway. So why bother with it when marketing effects promise to be more substantial in the more low-season spring?

Niles

Giga Poster
Work continues ready for that 2023 opening 😴

New signs have been added to the entrance of the ride:
a.jpg

These signs can be seen on the Shanghai Tron:
b.jpg

More work on the paths has taken place:
c.jpg
d.jpg

And lights have been added to the tunnel where the railroad will go, track has yet to be added:
e.jpg

See more pictures here: Source

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Pleasing to see the railroad completed, and got to love how much plants and trees Disney will plant for these new rides.
Hopefully they can hide the show building a bit with them...

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Yesterday Disney posted a video showing the train riding through the area, with a new spiel recorded that includes Tron music/narration.
Hinting that the railroad might open sooner than we thought, will give some exciting new views of Tron!