What's new

WDW Magic Kingdom | Tron Lightcycle Power Run | Vekoma Motorbike Coaster | 2023

Changa

Mega Poster
I'm not having that at all! They are both furture themed areas and Tron fits in perfectly fine with Tomorrowland and actually brings a much needed update to the original styling.

It's not a major difference, and its a good use of space to fit it in where they did (Even though the show building will look pretty naff if they don't disguise it a bit better). But Disney pride themselves on immersion and consistent theming within their lands, Tron does stand out currently as it isn't themed in the same style as the rest (you saying that its an update implies it IS somwhat different). If this is the first phase of a tomorrowland retheme, then its a great way to do it. But currently, it's like the nostromo has been parked in the background of forbidden planet and there's no stylistic difference because both forbidden planet and alien are sci-fi futurism films.

Why is it a shame for them to clone rides? I will likely never go to Tokyo so to see something from there in Paris or WDW would be great for me. As I say the vast marjority of visitors will only ever visit one Disney "area" or Legoland so why they wouldn't they use clones. Visitors want to see the big attractions and having them in multiple places is better for the public. Yes if you visit more than one park you are at a disadvatage but people who do so are the exception rather than the rule.
I visit none of the parks because it'll be 10 years before I can afford to 😅. I agree with you that it makes sense for all but 0.001% of visitors, pretty much everyone benefits from Tron, visitors get a new ride that they would have likely never ridden, and Disney save on 90% of their development costs. I just love seeing the new tech and new ideas as imagineers have a proven track record of doing some pretty remarkable things with the right circumstances.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
From the above link, I think this sounds more like a parody than intended:

On March 11, Pixar Animation Studios will release Turning Red, introducing audiences to Mei Lee (voiced by Rosalie Chiang), a confident, dorky 13-year-old torn between staying her mother’s dutiful daughter and the chaos of adolescence. As if changes to her body, interests, and relationships weren’t enough, whenever she gets too excited, she “poofs” into a giant red panda!

Joelpagett

Mega Poster

emoo

Hyper Poster
I found it a pleasing 2 mins, even if they only used ~30 sec of footage. Guests may get to see a pull though which is neat. You get to see the actuator usually hidden under the chassis hood which is cool. Plus more importantly they are actually reaching a milestone and we can assume are near adding the essential dressing and lighting that makes this ride.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
It looks slow but of course, it's a test run, of course it's not gonna be super fast cuz its at Disney... so irregardless I'm happy!

bratcurry

Mega Poster

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Update: it's still not open nor does it have an opening date

Although I guess I see it daily. Right now it looks like they're finishing the tunnel for the steam train that goes under the entrance plaza for the ride.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Update: it's still not open nor does it have an opening date

Although I guess I see it daily. Right now it looks like they're finishing the tunnel for the steam train that goes under the entrance plaza for the ride.
Well at least they'll hopefully have the WDW Railroad back open as that's not operated since December 2018!!! At this point the coaster will probably open in 2023 maybe.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Sorry for the double post but I've just found that they're currently laying the sleepers I think they are down for the railroad and Tron is still testing!!