What's new

Warsaw, Poland | Adventure World | Theme Park + Resort

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Adventure World Warsaw

Interesting, I'm glad to see this has gone ahead, any idea what stage it's at?

peep

CF Legend

They also released this cool video about their vision etc...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-LUUV8FY0&feature=plcp[/youtube]

It's due to open in 2014 (or is it 2015?)

I think it's interesting that the front two areas of the park are only indoor attractions to be open all year round. I wonder what sort of attractions they'll be?

Martyn B

CF Legend

Well, it was a 'ground breaking' ceremony, so I guess they've only just got the construction started.

In the last pic, one of them epic looking buildings is going to house a launch coaster, supposedly this:

Ethan

Strata Poster

It does look interesting. I'm gonna take a shot at Maurer. Probably wrong...

Martyn B

CF Legend

Sorry, I saw that picture on Towersstreet, its not theirs obviously, but its not been credited to anyone, which is a running theme over there.

STC

Mega Poster

Martyn B said:
Sorry, I saw that picture on Towersstreet, its not theirs obviously, but its not been credited to anyone, which is a running theme over there.

Please don't tar all of us with the same brush. I frequently copy news I've seen on here and Screamscape onto TowersStreet, and I always credit the original poster on here with bringing us the information, or SS.

Anyway, the groundbreaking ceremony does seem to give a slightly higher chance of this thing actually being built, which I was dubious about at first. Has anyone seen their Facebook presence? It's... odd.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
For those who may have missed this in another topic, TheCoasterCruiser got an interview with some woman from some company and stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6g0KxWM6qs&list=UULe7a9-uaV6ozJR9mZq0GAg&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Montario

Roller Poster
From the video, it looks like the park is going to be Vekoma's showroom. Interesting...great video!

nadroJ said:
still seems a bit of an odd place to put a park like this. When I went to Poland last year it just seemed to be a very poor place, makes me think if the families of the country will have the spare cash to spend at a resort like this.

What? How? Which part of Warsaw were you in, I visit Poland every year and I never get that impression. It has pretty much nearly everything London has to offer...culture, historical architecture, good transport and decent homes.

Lofty

CF Legend
That John Ruisch guy is the Entertainment Manager of Walibi that I did the interview with last year, about to stalk his Facebook for any updates to do with this…

reddude333

Giga Poster
Wow! 2015 is a very aggressive goal for such a massive project. Looks great from the model and video though so I will definitely be following the news on this.

As for all the Vekomas, it makes sense to me because I would guess they tend to be on the less expensive side of things and it also helps that the park is making mostly smaller "family-friendly" coasters.

I also think it's great that they will have a couple areas open year-round, even a coaster in one of those sections.

And of course, let us not forget blessing the land with vodka...that is surely a recipe for success :-D

Nic

Strata Poster
Sorry to be a month late to the party on this, but I don't think it's been mentioned on CF yet.

It looks like the project is in serious financial trouble. Imtech, the firm responsible for the IT systems, security and renewable energy projects at the park is reporting possible "financial irregularities" in relation to its work for the park. Park bosses have failed to secure financial backing for the park, but are still hoping that they can do so later this year. Imtech apparently already done €77m worth of work on the park, which they don't expect to get paid for.

In short, don't be surprised if this ends up not happening.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8c22811e-6eaf ... z2MyONMhTk

peep

CF Legend
So they clearly seem confident about still happening because after their latest visit with Joravision (the peeps designing the place) they've posted new images. They've also posted a message on their website about their current status with Imtech and that they came to an outside court settlement.

I really hope they get everything sorted because the more concept art they release the more I want to go.

580807_544441068929261_670283492_n.jpg

"Are you ready to meet the Basilisk?"

549781_541947505845284_1269079564_n.jpg

"What do you think the new entrance gate design?"

peep

CF Legend
More ridiculously gorgeous and exciting concept art has just been released...

21014_553938647979503_1865482638_n.jpg

This year’s winter seems like it will never go to an end. That was the problem which the mythical inhabitants of the Lost Kingdom had to face. Looking for shelter, they created a tunnel leading through a mountain. Do you recognize it? It’s the main theme of the “Ice Riders” rollercoaster Do you like the rendering showing the track of this rollercoaster?

I want that to be in my life <3