Disney World or Universal Orlando?

• Walt Disney World Resort

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Universal Studios Orlando Resort

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Edward M

Strata Poster
The two headliners of Florida, Universal and Disney! Both parks have great theming and some iconic attractions along with being the some of the most visited parks in the world. Universal seems to have more thrill rides and coasters while Disney seems to be more kid friendly. So, which one do you prefer?

Universal (the whole resort) is my favorite park so I am going with Universal because I prefer the more thrilling attractions as well as the theming and atmosphere they choose. Disney has nostalgia points for me, but it doesn't have the same atmosphere or attractions of Universal. Both parks go the extra mile for their attractions, but it seems just about every Universal attraction is astounding while I only find 3 or 4 in all of the Disney World amazing. So, I'm going to go with Universal even though I love both.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I personally think Walt Disney World is really overrated, but that may be because I'm not into dark rides, shows etc.

Universal Studios Orlando hasn't got my favourite rides, but generally has better ones than Disney for. I also prefer the theming of Universal so I say that.

However, ToT is the best non-coaster in the world!!!! No exceptions!!

marc

CF Legend
Disney wins for me.

Apart from the Harry potter stuff the rest of universal is very average and old with half if it not working. Even Harry potter had theming in the shops not working, it's all well and good and putting in theming but when it does not work it looks stupid.

Ioa last time we went was so run down and the rides were badly maintained. We could only ride the hulk once as it was so ruff and half the effects in spider man were not working.

Universal has far to many 3d attractions and it's so easy to get bored.

Disney for me has the whole experience. Yes the coasters are not the most trilling but the theming and the whole story line makes up for it. There is just more to do and not everything is the same. I don't go to a theme park just for rides I go for the atmosphere and to get away from it all, I get that at a Disney park.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Disney.

I'm a bit biased, but as a whole Disney wins. The theming and story lines for every attraction are so extensive that every ride you can find something new.

If you're looking for thrill rides, obviously Universal wins, but for most everything else I would go with Disney. Parades and Shows are better at Disney. A place like EPCOT to eat and drink is obviously a fun time that Universal can't really match. The atmosphere at all the parks makes Disney one of the few places I can go almost every day and truly never be bored.

I will say City Walk beats Downtown Disney as of now, but when Disney Springs opens that could change.

peep

CF Legend
Both of them win on different things for me.

Thrill rides Universal win.
Family rides I think is an actual tie (Cat in the Hat at IoA is incredible).
Food is best at Disney, Epcot might as well be renamed the best restaurant in the World.
Universal Citywalk is better than Downtown Disney/Springs. I felt like there was actually stuff to do and an actual night life, the variety of food on offer is also really good.

Hotels, Disney win for the moment but Universal just built Cabana Bay which looks perfect with at least one more hotel on the way.

Theming is hard to choose. I feel Universal gets the Studio sets spot on whereas Disney Hollywood Studios looks pathetic. Animal Kingdom though might be one of the most immersive parks out there, so much foliage. Needs more in that park though. Islands of Adventure also has some incredible areas, has one of the best entrance areas.

Overall, for the moment, Disney takes it. However Universal now have money and are realising what works. Very excited for their future.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
I have to go with Universal. Both resorts have fantastic theming (obviously), but Universal takes it for me because of the thrill rides. There's something incredibly satisfying about being in a well-themed environment and stepping onto a full scale coaster like Hulk or Dragon Challenge. Disney has great rides for kids, but it lacks rides that I particularly enjoy. Universal Orlando (and especially Islands of Adventure) just has great balance between theming and rides.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I also have to go with Universal. I have been to MGM, Magic Kingdom and Epcot once. I've never been to Animal Kingdom and I went to both Universal parks in one day. I went to Disney when I was younger and don't remember being that blown away like I thought I would be. Universal was amazing. The only thing I hated about Universal was Twister and that goes without saying. All the coasters I went on were amazing. All the water and dark rides were great I loved the food the theming and the atmosphere. Disney loses a lot with me just because of my fear of everything when I went and not having that good of recollection of the parks. I am sure I would love Disney if I were to go today but for now I have to give it to Universal.