What's new

Walt Disney Studios Paris | Ratatouille | Dark ride

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Ratatouille dark ride - Walt Disney Studios, Paris

Does anyone know what type of ride system this will use? Or nothing on that yet?

peep

CF Legend

Rumours suggest it'll be a trackless system like the Winnie the pooh ride at one of the other resorts. However this is Disney so no one really knows for sure.

marc

CF Legend

It's meant to be the Mermaid ride system, same layout as well just different theming.

Not sure whats true at the moment.

peep

CF Legend

^Really? I've never heard that rumour thrown around.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

marc said:
It's meant to be the Mermaid ride system, same layout as well just different theming.

I have heard about the trackless system, and perhaps some innovative effects, but non of this Mermaid rumours either...

BTW, wasn't a Mermaid darkride planned for Disneyland Park next to the Castle? Any chance the project could happen?

marc

CF Legend

From what I read ages ago they were offered it but rejected it, but then said yes but with this theme.

Time will tell anyway and I really hope it's the track less system.

peep

CF Legend

Interesting but I highly doubt that rumour is true. Pretty much everywhere I've read suggests that this will be the trackless system and be using 3D projected dome effects or something. Rumours suggest it'll be situated on two floors (the building is going to be fairly tall).

The Little Mermaid attraction was originally designed for Paris back in the day but they never had the money to make it happen, the same goes for a Beauty and the Beast attraction. Both projects just simply got cancelled. Paris has gone pretty quiet on the Fantasyland front and the last I heard a rumour for was the Winnie the Pooh attraction. I doubt it'll happen as they're concentrating on Discoveryland and the Studios for like the next 10 years.

STC

Mega Poster

There's a pretty massive difference between a trackless single car system (or a tracked single car system, like Duel) and a Omnimover like Mermaid.

Everything we've heard so far suggests the former... I can't imagine their absolute E-Ticket multi-million dollar A++ top class new dark ride being an Omnimover...

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Then again, Omnimovers eat insane amounts of people per hour. And Ratatouille, being "The E-Ticket dark ride" at the Studios, needs that...

I am intrigued to see how this Ratatouille dark ride project progresses and if it will feature random sequences just like Winnie at Tokyo Disneyland...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

marc said:

Doombuggies, the throughput CHAMPS.

A101

Mega Poster

peep said:
Interesting but I highly doubt that rumour is true. Pretty much everywhere I've read suggests that this will be the trackless system and be using 3D projected dome effects or something. Rumours suggest it'll be situated on two floors (the building is going to be fairly tall).

Hmmmm, 3D projection, huge screens, multi story building? (Cough cough, Transformers)

Maybe this will be Disney's prototype for something on that scale? Maybe we'll see this come to WDW at the Studios or Epcot? (France Pavilion)

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

I heard a rumour this was going to be the sme as Toy Story Midway Mania bu with the Ratatouille theme. And that would sort of fit the description if it was an updated version.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

I'm thinking it will be a Doombuggy system, given the money thrown at this thing. Little Mermaid cost around a 100 million US (I believe) and thats an endless chain system. Also, we've seen some of the concept props already (I'll dig the links later) and the type / scale of them, so my money's on that..

Martyn B

CF Legend

Boom!

20GNQ.jpg

dscf7310.jpg

AJ

Giga Poster

Ha, I see this every day. I should probably keep you all updated.

tks

Strata Poster

^ I didn't even notice they were building anything when I went :\

AJ

Giga Poster

^It's in the studios, so we wouldn't have seen it :(

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Saw this the other day. Sadly didnt grab any piccies as for one wasnt really thinking and two only had my iphone with me. But what i can say is from what i could see the area is pretty much now fully covered or well if you look at the images above the building to the right is now fully covered and things are happening within the building. Again sorry for no piccies lol