What's new

Walibi Rhône-Alpes | Mystic | Gerstlauer Infinity

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Mystic has started testing!
http://instagr.am/p/BwpdBOqARyO/
58643486_137911837338486_5959178094247448517_n.jpg

The train looks really small for the track imo for some reason. Looks nice though!

Considering this and Fury are both supposedly meant to open in June, this is definitely ahead in terms of schedule!

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Cute, but the shaping of the top hat makes me physically sick. Also looks off to me with a three car train, we're so used to four.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Some more photos of the ride testing:-
D5BSAIMXkAMWuGS.jpg

D5BSAIQXkAcsps-.jpg

D5BSBG8WsAAfySF.jpg

The ride is looking great, I'm curious as to why they opted for 3-car trains for this. I think it's to do with the turntable, being potentially limited to a 3-row train?

Maybe the park do not feel an extra row is necessary. Unlike its Dutch and Belgian counterparts, Walibi Rhône-Alpes is more of a regional park, with last year's attenance reaching 475 000. For reference, Timber also has 12-seat trains.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
(Go to 9:50 for the interesting bit)

Double-post: in an interview for local radio RCF, Thomas Mondon, Walibi Rhône-Alpes' marketing & sales manager, casually tossed that Mystic will open in late May.
Quote (roughly translated from French):

Note that until this Sunday, during the Easter fortnight, we had a special offer for the 40th anniversary of the park. Guests were given a free ticket valid until July 14th to come and try our new ride, Mystic, which will open at the end of May.

Dar

Hyper Poster
What is it with Gerst and their long unsupported sections? I'm sure it's perfectly safe and durable, but I can't help think it's a cost saving exercise that just leads to premature roughness

Ethan

Strata Poster
What is it with Gerst and their long unsupported sections? I'm sure it's perfectly safe and durable, but I can't help think it's a cost saving exercise that just leads to premature roughness
If the weight of the train is being transferred to the ground elsewhere, why waste the money on manufacturing supports you don't need? I don't see how it would add to any roughness, either.