What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Re: Walibi Holland | Unknown | Mack (unknown)

^Yeah, it doesn't look as bad in that picture. I don't think we'll be seeing particularly long trains though, it's still pretty sharp!

Martyn B said:
That to me looks like a 90' banked turn, aka what can be found on every **** spinner.
I'm not sure, this picture definitely makes it look like it has some sort of overbank to it. Or is even weirder and like a tophat that's been pushed over?
roomraider said:
tophat.jpg
I'm struggling to work it out...

Yeah, it's odd. Zoom in on that last pic, and it looks just like your generic 90' banked turn.

^Yeah, but I think that's just because that picture is taken from directly behind. Both of the other two pictures seems to show some different shaping to it.

I'm pretty sure that's a banana roll. The only other coaster I've seen it on is Takabisha

Not saying it's a banana roll, but it sure does look like an inversion or extreme overbank of some sort.

Loopings have posted some closer pictures of this thing:

071215crazy4.jpg

071215crazy2.jpg

071215crazy3.jpg

Someone was tripping when they made that element. What on earth?!

Hmm, it seems to be some kind of top hat. The crest of the hill appears to be very tight which makes me think it'll be a spinner more and more. I bet it will ride great though because its Mack and buying from Mack is like buying from B&M- it practically guarantees a great and smooth steel coaster of the finest quality.

Did they design this thing in rollercoaster tycoon world during that beta session? It looks like some crazy banking is going on there. Or is it simply the angle of the photo? Either way I can't wait to see more.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

It looks like it's coming in for a dive loop, then it just bulges out, and ... what?

I'm honestly more intrigued about this than what Holiday World has up their sleeve.

Whatever the designers were on when they designed this, I want some.

Really can't wait to see more or this!

It just reminds me of a more vertical version of this hill (on the right) on Extreme Rusher:

extremerusher044s.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km8Nqd--34s[/youtube]

From 50 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

That's surely far too tight to accommodate a large train? Excited to see what this turns out to be though!

Yeah, the track style and funky shaping really reminds me of Cobra's Curse, so I'm going to guess it's the same ride system. Really interesting to see what else comes of this thing...as well as maybe what they were smoking when they designed it. :?

I'm actually hoping it's a Mack spinner now. Dwervelwind at Toverland is amazing, so something like that with a more extreme layout could be very cool.

I'm even starting to like the hideous colour scheme! Trying to guess what the theme could be from the colours...'Bumblebee - The Ride?' Or maybe some kind of Toxic / Hazardous Waste theme?

Serena said:
Trying to guess what the theme could be from the colours...'Bumblebee - The Ride?' Or maybe some kind of Toxic / Hazardous Waste theme?

Probably something like "The colors you see when high" or "The 420 Express"

^^Agreed, Sierra Sidewinder is amazing! I'd love to see a more extreme spinning coaster being built, especially if it's spinning like crazy when it goes through that! :D

I can't see any resemblance to Cobra's Curse?! Even the spine of the track is different, this has a much deeper spine, my guess is to compensate for larger, heavier vehicles?

Just come across this too, which is a very good angle of the drop:

foto%207.jpg

Lofty said:
Even the spine of the track is different, this has a much deeper spine, my guess is to compensate for larger, heavier vehicles?

The spine have nothing to do with the vehicles, it is beefed up to save supports on the taller parts of the ride, like when Intamin uses square track on some rides.

Cobra's Curse will also use this beefed up track, I'm guessing for the first turn and drop out of the elevator:
bg59a.jpg

bg80a.jpg

Fair enough, desperately hoping it's not a spinner.