What's new

Walibi Holland 2023

Will

Strata Poster
Fair - I'd rather see the area around the entrance/ferris wheel getting some MAJOR attention and made to feel a lot less tacky and 'greasy' rather than a new attraction for the time being. I may not like the park, but few in Europe have seen more investment over the last few years.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yes, I agree with Will and Leon... They have one of the best 1-2-3's in Europe, and some decent fillers. They also have a good selection of flats and wet rides.

Sorting out some of the aging parts of the park would be better. And if possible, giving Goliath some love.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Wasn't something supposed to replace the now defunct Go-Kart track? Whatever happened to that?
Maybe they do plan something for the longer term, for example towards 2025.

If they get a new coaster it could be an interesting discussion what would be a good addition the existing line-up... i'd say a themed family coaster could bring in more families. If it's going to be a thrill coaster, a new generation Vekoma looper or that new S&S Axis model could work very well. I would also like to see a big B&M coming to the park, but the best fitting types would be a dive or a wing coaster and both models have already been build in parks near-by in the Netherlands.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Maybe they do plan something for the longer term, for example towards 2025.

If they get a new coaster it could be an interesting discussion what would be a good addition the existing line-up... i'd say a themed family coaster could bring in more families. If it's going to be a thrill coaster, a new generation Vekoma looper or that new S&S Axis model could work very well. I would also like to see a big B&M coming to the park, but the best fitting types would be a dive or a wing coaster and both models have already been build in parks near-by in the Netherlands.
I’m no Walibi expert, but I get the impression on my visits, that they’re a bit like Thorpe, in that their target market nowadays is teens and up… With some very good family parks in competition, it would make sense too.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Wasn't something supposed to replace the now defunct Go-Kart track? Whatever happened to that?

I had a look back, and it doesn't seem like it was either suggested that a new permanent ride would replace it...

0618schutter.jpg

There were rumours of a family attraction replacing it, but how good that rumour was is anyone's guess.

The area was used during the Halloween event for an outdoor maze, The Final Hideout. Maybe that's all that was hinting at, and those signs were used just to tidy up a dead area of the park.

Of course, the rumoured S&S axis for Europe in 2023 is still unaccounted for, and Walibi Holland would make sense as a park.
The go kart track location, maybe less-so, as they do use that space one way or another for their Halloween event. But I'm sure they can work round that if necessary.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
I’m no Walibi expert, but I get the impression on my visits, that they’re a bit like Thorpe, in that their target market nowadays is teens and up… With some very good family parks in competition, it would make sense too.
I haven't been there in about 8 years neither. But what I have heard about the development of the park with help of this forum and their external marketing, it indeed looks like that is their focus. So there absolutely might be a chance they are planning on building a thrillride.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
What the park has done this year in terms of retheming their Zero Zone is beyond imagination. Seems like this whole park is starting to look like some sort of dumpster on speed...

This park used to be very nice and had a good atmosphere...but nowadays it is just pure horror!

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/193...affiti--stalen-hekken-en-abstracte-kunst.html
I really don't mind they are trying to work with some weird artistic theming, and I actually do like the concept of it, for example the theming on Lost Gravity looks cool and unique. But I think there are two problems with it: first of all, it doesn't match with their target group (young teenagers) and the way they communicate in the media. And second, I think they should keep it a little more clean. Somehow you can't really make up what the theming actually is about. It looks more like an artist area in Berlin than a zero gravity zone.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
RMC Raptor anyone? Looopings claim some insiders have told them they are in talks with RMC.

Walibi-Holland-aast-op-Europese-primeur-spectaculaire-single-rail-coaster.html

Walibi Holland has a sensational new roller coaster in mind. The amusement park wants to build a sensational single-rail coaster: a roller coaster with only one track instead of two, as is usual. Several insiders report this to Looopings. The concept comes from the American firm Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC).

This would give Walibi a major European first. RMC has so far delivered four different single-rail coasters. They appeared in the US states of Texas (2018), California (2018), Idaho (2021) and New Jersey (2021). A fifth copy will open soon, again in California.

It is the intention that Walibi will bring the special attraction type to another continent for the first time. RMC is known as the builder of Walibi's 36.5 meter high hybrid coaster Untamed, which opened in 2019. Apparently, the collaboration with the Americans went well.

The plans appear to be at an advanced stage, although there is not yet 100 percent certainty. There is therefore no official confirmation. Looopings has telephoned a representative of RMC for comment, but will not confirm or deny the existence of the project at this time. A spokeswoman for Walibi is also unable to say anything about it at the moment.

The acquisition would be located on a piece of land that is currently not yet accessible to the public, between launch roller Xpress: Platform 13 and mega coaster Goliath. An old building of the green service and haunted house Haunted Holidays II are still located in that area. Walibi previously announced that it wanted to build something new on the site of the go-kart track, which was closed in 2018. However, "a family section" must arise there, a spokeswoman said last year.

RMC's existing single-rail coasters are between 32 and 40 meters high. They all count three inversions. The top speed varies from 84 to 93 kilometers per hour. A so-called raptor rail is used: a thick steel track suitable for trains with eight to twelve seats. Due to the narrow track, all passengers sit in a single row behind each other.

"Compared to traditional steel roller coasters, with a double rail, raptors are economical," reads the RMC website. "They use less steel and are quicker to install, in a compact footprint. Fewer foundations are needed and they take up less space. Raptors provide a thrilling ride at a great price."