What's new

Walibi Belgium | Tiki Waka | Gerstlauer Bobsled Coaster

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Love the name, the logo and the trains. This is going to be a fab investment, and I stand by my original thoughts that this could easily become the best coaster at the park.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Love the name, the logo and the trains. This is going to be a fab investment, and I stand by my original thoughts that this could easily become the best coaster at the park.

It does look really fun, but that title doesn't seem like much of an achievement.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Today I went to Walibi Belgium for an exclusive look at the construction of the new ride! I will show and comment on some pictures that I took! Here we go:

SPOILER: Some pictures might be very poor quality and that is because of the weather (it started raining a bit and it was very cold).

They showed us this picture that is as beautiful as it can be!
Tiki10.jpg

Here is the same picture:
Tiki13.jpg

When we arrived to the soon-to-be Tiki Zone they revealed us the name of the new ride! (Here is a picture of me doing a live video on Facebook ;))
Tiki12.jpg

Tiki4.jpg

After that, we got the chance to look and walk through the construction site of the new ride:
Tiki1.jpg
Tiki2.jpg
Tiki5.jpg
Tiki8.jpg
Tiki9.jpg

Tiki3.jpg

This is the station of the coaster, as you can see it's not that big.
Tiki11.jpg

As you can see in this picture there is a big red-looking-circle, this is the minimum of space the ride needs to have when riding through things. Let's say you want to let the ride go under a bridge, there must have a minimum length between the ride and that same bridge, this is made so that it doesn't touch the visitors and keeps everything safe (It has a specific name but I don't know it...)!
Tiki6.jpg

Lastly and less importantly is this picture of me where I touch the coaster rails...:cool:
Tiki7.jpg

That was it!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
The actual lay-out of Tiki-Waka is pretty different from the one on the video that I posted earlier.

Also fun thing to know: the manufacturer of the Tiki-Waka is Gerstlauer, in cooperation with Walibi Belgium. However, the construction of the coaster itself is done by the park itself.