What's new

Walibi Belgium | Popcorn Revenge | Alterface Erratic Dark Ride

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This is the most exciting project of 2019 for me personally.

It adds a new layer to shooting dark rides which could really shape them in years to come. The story itself is actually quite quirky and fun.

2019 is also another huge year for the park in general with another new cred and two new themed areas. Popcorn Revenge is the crowning jewel of this year, and arguably will be until the Intamin comes along.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Keep forgetting this and the new Bobbejaanland coaster are happening. Both bonus rides for when I'm hopefully there in the summer!

Definitely looks an interesting project, looking forward to trying it!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
This whole Popcorn Day event, by the way, is a brand activation event for promoting the new darkride. The event will be held in the Wijnegem Shopping Center and include a photobooth, a meet and greet with the different popcorns from the ride and lots of free popcorn!

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
And a photo of the guns, from Fan Club Walibi..

Hi so I took this picture today for Fan Club Walibi! :p

These will be the guns used to shoot the Popcorns who are invading the Theater, these are the ORIGINAL guns, this means the public in the Mall were one of the first to touch a ride element that day!

Talked to the marketing-team and they really just wanted to give us all a little taste of the new ride (and Popcorn for the World Popcorn Day ;P ).

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I just love how creative Walibi get with their marketing campaigns! And those guns sure look classy!

Now let's hope the next stunt involves the fierce worker displayed at WijnegemSC in his underwear covered in popcorn...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm intrigued by the alternative phrases under the English phrases.

My biggest concern about this project has been how it would fit in to Karma World, especially since Popcorn Revenge will be an off the shelf model offered by Alterface. The themes could blend well, but not properly could be very jarring.

The above photo at least suggests they'll try to blend the themes; hopefully it does work!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
My biggest concern about this project has been how it would fit in to Karma World, especially since Popcorn Revenge will be an off the shelf model offered by Alterface. The themes could blend well, but not properly could be very jarring.

The above photo at least suggests they'll try to blend the themes; hopefully it does work!

From what I have heard and as you can see in the introduction video, the whole ride will be themed as a Bollywood-style cinema.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Indeed as Kristof mentioned it's all about Bollywood :) and that ofcourse fits perfectly in the Karma theme (and therefore the alternative phrases under the english text)
It's a bit sad that the movie posters are referencing big Hollywood films though instead of Bollywood films or just original titles, but maybe understandable from a amrketing perspective

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Yeah I think you're right. Hollywood films are just more universally recognised. I mean... I for one can't name a single Bollywood film, unless Bend it like Beckham counts

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Tomorrow at 10 AM, the park will have a hard hat tour for press and other invited people around the new themed Karma World and Fun World and other novelties, such as Popcorn Revenge and the Fun Pilot rollercoaster.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
More pictures are still to be posted (we had two camera's that day, i'm still waiting to edit out the pictures of the second camera...)!