What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

Trax

Hyper Poster
2 things I noticed: The overlay is pretty of in terms of speed and forces. The last 15m of the drop do not gain any speed, and the lifthill has -0,2g?
I should be able to check the forces on saturday - stay tuned for more :)

And number 2: The pacing is >5 seconds slower than in Intamins animation, however there are of course many factors for that. Still looks great, but I have to admit, the non-inverting Cobra roll looks a little bit sluggish, but maybe it feels different when you are on the ride.

But overall, I have to say that the ride looks good, especially the second element could be a contestant for my favourite element.

Projektion

Mega Poster
I'm really liking it and hyped to hopefully get to it this year at some point.

One thing I will say though is that I still dislike the wall stall. I was holding out hoping it would come across better in real life than it did in the animations, but I still don't like the look of it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That’s fab. I could feel the air over that first hill. Yes, a must ride.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I love the twisty airtime hills at the end! They look just enough to be fun and a laugh, without becoming a repetitive slog.

I'm looking forward to seeing the exit to the cobra roll from the back of the train; the testing videos make it look like there's a fair bit of whip to that transition in the back but it's hard to tell on this pov!

Gotta say I wish they'd move the camera up from between the rails, it's really hard to get a proper feel for rides with the view point 4ft lower than riders!