What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Aaaah! So excited! I can finally talk about it!

This new zone will be one of Walibi's best zone's out there!
Five new buildings we're/are built on the new terrain.

One of the reasons why "le Moulin de Limal" (Limal's Mill) (see the picture's here below) is still there is because of a petition the residents of Limal signed...
Otherwise, it would've been destroyed (it's a very old building that has been left empty for years now)!

I haven't had the time to visit the park yet (I'd love to but patience is always key).

Let's just say you guys are yet not ready for what's coming next! :D

Pictures that I took of the mill.
MOLEN1.jpg

MOLEN2.jpg

This is an old picture of that building with the mill.
MOLEN3.jpg

You can see on this picture where the mill is situated.
MOLEN4.png

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Aaaah! So excited! I can finally talk about it!

This new zone will be one of Walibi's best zone's out there!
Five new buildings we're/are built on the new terrain.

One of the reasons why "le Moulin de Limal" (Limal's Mill) (see the picture's here below) is still there is because of a petition the residents of Limal signed...
Otherwise, it would've been destroyed (it's a very old building that has been left empty for years now)!

I haven't had the time to visit the park yet (I'd love to but patience is always key).

Let's just say you guys are yet not ready for what's coming next! :D

Pictures that I took of the mill.
MOLEN1.jpg

MOLEN2.jpg

This is an old picture of that building with the mill.
MOLEN3.jpg

You can see on this picture where the mill is situated.
MOLEN4.png
So you know they have another ride in the pipeline, possibly involving the mill?

If it's not RMC Loup-Garou I'm not interested. /s

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
If it's not RMC Loup-Garou I'm not interested. /s
No RMC in the near future (yet).

The Werewolf is still in okay condition and is not comparable to the monstrosity of what Robin Hood was!
Also, the reason why it won't be changed to RMC yet is because of the visitors that LOVE the Werewolf, changing it just to be up to date with the new coasters is just not financially interesting for Walibi...

It could probably be replaced after the 10-year investment plan, if the visitors start to think the Werewolf is rough and not fun anymore, then it may be possible that Walibi opts for a RMC Loup-Garou! But for the meantime no.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Ow is here a new ride coming to that building, I am very excited to know what is going to suprise us.
I'm not 100% sure, but I remember that when Walibi Belgium announced their massive 100.000.000 EUR masterplan, they did mention another rollecoaster coming to the park in 2023. Which was at the end of their masterplan and would be the 11th coaster in the park.

However, due to the coronacrisis that hit Walibi Belgium pretty hard, the end of the masterplan is pushed back to 2025. So we will have to wait how that turns out. And they still have many things to do in the near future: Dock World, the New Orleans zone, the Western zone, the entrance of the park,...

Ggolt

Roller Poster
I'm not 100% sure, but I remember that when Walibi Belgium announced their massive 100.000.000 EUR masterplan, they did mention another rollecoaster coming to the park in 2023. Which was at the end of their masterplan and would be the 11th coaster in the park.

However, due to the coronacrisis that hit Walibi Belgium pretty hard, the end of the masterplan is pushed back to 2025. So we will have to wait how that turns out. And they still have many things to do in the near future: Dock World, the New Orleans zone, the Western zone, the entrance of the park,...
I don’t think they announced another rollercoaster, however Coccinelle is coming back they said so maybe you’re referring to that?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Ow is here a new ride coming to that building, I am very excited to know what is going to suprise us.

However, due to the coronacrisis that hit Walibi Belgium pretty hard, the end of the masterplan is pushed back to 2025. So we will have to wait how that turns out. And they still have many things to do in the near future: Dock World, the New Orleans zone, the Western zone, the entrance of the park
I don’t think they announced another rollercoaster, however Coccinelle is coming back they said so maybe you’re referring to that?

No, I clearly remember it was something that would happen when this investmenplan was finished.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I’d like to try out at least one Vekoma woodie in its original form, so I honestly hope RMC Loup-Garou is not in the park’s immediate future.
Don't worry...the question has been asked to Walibi many times after Untamed opened and the park has no plans to convert Loup-Garou. But something really has to be done, cause the coaster is really rough.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I’d like to try out at least one Vekoma woodie in its original form, so I honestly hope RMC Loup-Garou is not in the park’s immediate future.
I wood (pun intended) personally prefer not to see any more wooden RMC conversions and instead see new ground up RMCs. We need the classic wooden coasters to live on, especially when the Vekoma ones (at least Thundercoaster) are so great. Really bummed that I never got to try Robin Hood even though Untamed is of course an objectively better ride

VonRolland

Hyper Poster

However, due to the coronacrisis that hit Walibi Belgium pretty hard, the end of the masterplan is pushed back to 2025. So we will have to wait how that turns out. And they still have many things to do in the near future: Dock World, the New Orleans zone, the Western zone, the entrance of the park

No, I clearly remember it was something that would happen when this investmenplan was finished.
In regards to Coccinelle coming back any idea where this is going to go?
As for RMC Werewolf I'd like it to happen but not as of yet, it's definitely a not so good Woodie that I found very rough & a bit boring personally, Robin Hood was superior, ill never forget that ejector spot

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
In regards to Coccinelle coming back any idea where this is going to go?
As for RMC Werewolf I'd like it to happen but not as of yet, it's definitely a not so good Woodie that I found very rough & a bit boring personally, Robin Hood was superior, ill never forget that ejector spot

Coccinelle will be located in front of Loup-Garou, on the square where you can find the little stage where they have shows for kids during Halloween.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Whilst the quality of the theming looks great, I do have a bit of a concern. So far, all the theming looks very beige / grey, and sometimes areas which focus on those colours feel a bit bland and lifeless. Given that a lot of the park is pretty vibrant, especially the neighbouring Exotic World, I do have a slightly concern this may suffer from that feeling too.

Obviously only a minor thing, and it's way too soon to judge given we've just got a couple of far away photos during construction, but still, a concern that's been creeping around my mind.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
Whilst the quality of the theming looks great, I do have a bit of a concern. So far, all the theming looks very beige / grey, and sometimes areas which focus on those colours feel a bit bland and lifeless. Given that a lot of the park is pretty vibrant, especially the neighbouring Exotic World, I do have a slightly concern this may suffer from that feeling too.

Obviously only a minor thing, and it's way too soon to judge given we've just got a couple of far away photos during construction, but still, a concern that's been creeping around my mind.
I am not sure but I think that there is a pretty big chance that the area will be painted later when the theming is in place and do all the finishing touches like painting, atleast I hope that because it indeed looks a bit beige and grey

Enil

Roller Poster
Yeah, like with the station, the shotcrete will be painted after it has been formed around the metal/concrete sub structure of the infrastructure/theming elements. The station had a dull grey look to begin with as well, but that looks much better now already. In addition, many wooden details as well as greenery have yet to be put in place so I'm sure we just have to have of patience ;)