What's new

Waldy/K-Wood/MiA/GAm/SFStl PTR- ALL REPORTS UP!

Oo, so I'm just gonna make this quick.. I have pictures and stuff but I'm not gonna upload them until I get home next week. Overall, this is how the day went:

Jack Rabbit x 2
Racer x 1
Lil Phantom x 1 (except Snoo didn't ride because he is whack, clearly)
Thunderbolt x 2
Phantom's Revenge x 3
Exterminator x 1
Pitfall x 1
Swing Shot x 1

For being a Saturday, the waits were really good.. A few near walk-ons, and the rest were not more than 10-15 minute waits for anything, except Exterminator. As for the supposed storm we were suppose to get, we never got it.. Most we got was like, a ten minute downpour but it passed and everything opened right back up.

Jack Rabbit

I didn't expect anything from this because Marcus basically said it was going to suck and it didn't really look that good either. It didn't have much too it, but it's clearly a classic, and in the back, the airtime on the double down was nuts. It wasn't a great coaster in the front, but it was something I enjoyed when we rode in the very back.

6.5/10

Racer

A moebius coaster, and I only rode one side, but I'm totally counting it as a credit anyways. It was an okay coaster I guess, nothing special, no fantastic airtime, and just pretty meh overall haha.

5.5/10

Lil' Phantom

Probably the worst / most boring kiddie coaster but if you look at pictures of it, it's not hard to figure out why. The thing is about two feet high and one second long, but hey, it's a credit!

1/10

Thunderbolt

I was expecting quite a bit from this since it was supposedly suppose to be a very fun coaster! But to me this was reallyyy meh.. I actually prefer Jack Rabbit to this, although the turns where you kinda smash into each other are kinda neat. Either way, nothing to get super excited over IMO.. Better in the back than in the front though, definitely.

Phantom's Revenge

Didn't know what to expect from this coaster at all, as I didn't even know the layout or anything, but it was pretty great. Right on the brink of my top ten now.. It was great the first time we rode it in the back, and it actually has some fantastic pops of airtime. The second drop is fantastic as well, much better than the first, which is also good. We rode it in the front too, which was better than in the back.

8/10

Exterminator

LOL! I didn't know what to expect from this at all, and although we waited a long-ish amount of time for it, it was an awesome coaster. The trains really move you from side to side and overall it's just really good fun.. And the fact that it's indoor makes it that much better. My second favourite thing in the park, behind Phannyyy, and certainly the best indoor coaster I have been on.

7.5/10

Pitfall

It was a drop tower.. It was scary.. And it was about on par with the one at Canada's Wonderland. Nothing really amazing, but hey, it was a walkon so I can't really complain :p .

7/10

Swing Shot

Screamin Swings are meh for me to begin with, and I'm not even a huge fan of Skyhawk, though I have heard the smaller versions of these things are better.. Which they're not, because it sucked. And the first time we were in line for it, it started to downpour.

5/10

OVERALL

I really enjoyed Kennywood.. I never thought it looked great but the atmosphere is really good, and the park, as Marcus described it, really feels like an amusement park. Nothing huge, family friendly, and just nice in general.

8/10

Snoo

The Legend
Few things..

1. I didn't go on Lil' Phanny because I have the credit.. and who re-rides kiddie rides?
2. Jack Rabbit sucks, except for the double down.
3. Thunderbolt is DELICIOUS.. she is a crazy bitch.
4. Phanny is awesome, I loved it a few years ago and I love it now. Yay!
5. Kennywood is an AMAZING park, with great food, atmosphere, and is just a great place to go no matter the day.

PS: Boulder Dash.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
If we had a ride, we would've joined you. At least you guys had a great time. Enjoy Waldameer.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Kennywood is an awesome park. Missed so much when I was there last, I would love to go back and give it a full day there.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Kennywood is the real deal. Love the park, the atmosphere and the classic ride package.

Jackrabbit must have been running pretty badly if you didn't like it, as that double-down is one of the world's most purely awesome coaster moments.

Oh, and Hi!

Nice to meet y'all last night!

Haha, I'm home finally after a sixteen hour bus rie back from St Louis! So, I'll continue my report with the next day.. Waldameer! Again, I have pictures later, just can't upload them on this computer.

Me, Marcus, Marcus' brother, and his dad got to the park around 1:30-2, and we had tried calling Jerry but couldn't get a hold of him, so we just went to the back of the park to ride Ravine Flyer, where we found him and Aidan! We waited about ten to fifteen minutes for the very back row...

Ravine Flyer II

AMAZING! I was soo scared I would be disappointed with this coaster, but it was so good! The airtime is just incredible and sustained, the speed is awesome, and just.. It had the whole package. It was on the short side, but it packs so much into that small layout that I don't even care. We rode it four times and each time was as awesome as the previous. In my rankings, it comes in at #4.

9.5/10

After Ravine Flyer, we rode Xscream, another thing I had heard soo much about. Did it live up to the hype? Yep! I love the fact it doesn't stop at the top and the fact that you can't see where the top is when you look up. The airtime all the way down is great too. Probably my favourite drop tower tied with Drop Zone at Kings Island.

Steel Dragon, the spinny thingy was next. Let's just say it was pretty mediocre, and the dead bird in the line was pretty sad :( .

Comet was another coaster in the park, and aside from how the coaster doesn't have all these mechanical buttons, and sometimes has to be manually pushed out of the station, it's nothing really to write home about.

The last coaster there was Ravine Flyer 3, which I went on with Aidan since nobody else would ride :p . It was okay for a kiddie coaster, and I like how it goes above the water (AIDAN WE'RE GONNA FALL AND DROWN!).

The ferris wheel was the only other thing I did that day, and let's just say this was no exception to the fact that I hate ferris wheels..

Overall, the park is small, and not really big enough to spend and entire day there unless you do the waterpark. Ravine Flyer II was obviously the highlight, but Xscream was fantastic too!

After that we drove to Milan, Michigan, but had a surprise stop along the way.. That will come later..

Camera isn't the greatest but here are some of the shots from Friday, Saturday (Kennywood), and Sunday (Waldameer):

DCFC0001-1.jpg

My bus at the Youngstown greyhound station.

DCFC0002.jpg

Eating pizzza

DCFC0001-2.jpg

Pizza place

DCFC0001-3.jpg

DCFC0002-1.jpg

My accomodations for the first two days.

DCFC0001-4.jpg

Our first park!

DCFC0001-6.jpg

First coaster of the trip!

DCFC0002-2.jpg

Marcus and his brother in line

DCFC0001-5.jpg

Some of the track.

DCFC0001-7.jpg

Racer!

DCFC0001-10.jpg

Some atmosphere

DCFC0001-8.jpg

Aero 360, actually a decent ride.

DCFC0001-9.jpg

Aero 360 again..

DCFC0001-11.jpg

Yes, I had to be a credit whore..

DCFC0002-3.jpg

Lil' Phantom

DCFC0001-12.jpg

Thunderbolt is whackk!

DCFC0001-16.jpg

Maybe Phantom's Revenge would be better?

DCFC0001-13.jpg

It was!

DCFC0001-14.jpg

Probably the second best thing in the park! I loved it!

DCFC0003-1.jpg

We also rode pitfall, which was okay.

DCFC0002-4.jpg

I think this was an accident..

DCFC0001-15.jpg

Random picture

Next was WALDAMEER, so here are the pictures from that..

DCFC0001-19.jpg

Gates where you can buy your wristband

DCFC0001-20.jpg

This is what we came for, really

DCFC0001-26.jpg

DCFC0001-25.jpg

DCFC0002-14.jpg

DCFC0002-12.jpg

A few other terrible pictures of it.

DCFC0002-11.jpg

Jerry near RFII

DCFC0001-21.jpg

We also came here for this, too

DCFC0001-28.jpg

Hi Aidy poo!

DCFC0002-10.jpg

We rode this, but it kinda sucked

DCFC0004-2.jpg

Whack

DCFC0001-22.jpg

A dead birdie in the line for Steel Dragon :(

DCFC0005-1.jpg

Distorted picture of the cars

DCFC0003-3.jpg

Ferris Wheel

DCFC0005-2.jpg

Jerry on the Ferris Wheel

DCFC0001-27.jpg

View from the ferris wheel

DCFC0003-2.jpg

It`s my love, again!

DCFC0004-3.jpg

Of course I had to get my Ravine Flyer 3 credit!

DCFC0001-30.jpg

Random whacky shack

DCFC0002-8.jpg

Some chairs

Annnnd that`s pretty much it, I`ll post the other pictures I took of the other parks once I get those reports up.

^ It sure is.. But, I put it so that it's a little bit below Draggy. But yeah it's definitely still in my top ten, so, suck it up :p .

Timbers got the boot though, haha.

NUH UH, it's still in Marc's top three haha, which is weird. It's still my fourth favourite woodie.

P.S.- I DO NOT SAY ABOOT! Do you wanna get smacked? :p I can't even count how many times you made fun of me all week.. Haha.. Rude!