What's new

Vertical Lift Coaster At Vekoma Factory.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I think there's a misunderstanding here. The ride was meant to goto Berjaya as they owned the Great Mall Of China Project this was due to goto outside Beijing. This article is about the original park although about the Premier coaster. (which if you believe the rumours ended up at either Holiday Park or Lake Compounce)

The project folded and the rides sat there ever since. I suspect this is just a label from back then. I may be wrong but it would be a very weird redevelopment if Berjaya has rebought a coaster they already bought in the first place.

The ride will also need at least part of a new train manafacturered since the lead car is mounted above the gate at the factory.

FB_IMG_1611818644713.jpg

Zwoopaman

Roller Poster
I think there's a misunderstanding here. The ride was meant to goto Berjaya as they owned the Great Mall Of China Project this was due to goto outside Beijing. This article is about the original park although about the Premier coaster. (which if you believe the rumours ended up at either Holiday Park or Lake Compounce)

The project folded and the rides sat there ever since. I suspect this is just a label from back then. I may be wrong but it would be a very weird redevelopment if Berjaya has rebought a coaster they already bought in the first place.

The ride will also need at least part of a new train manafacturered since the lead car is mounted above the gate at the factory.

View attachment 10904
Are you sure this is part of the train? This one has wheels on the inside of the track while the vertical coaster should have them on the outside. I also remember the trains having 4 across seating.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ah you're right. Not sure why I've always assumed it's the car from this ride. Maybe the colours and the timing of its arrival.

I stand corrected.

I'd be surprised still though if Berjaya have rebought the ride. Stranger things have happened though so we shall see.

MrRC

Mega Poster
This is the correct coaster train for this coaster : (u can see the test setup in the background)

n2ay9xjqn9g31.jpg

This train is simulair to the original train of Battlestar Galactica from Universal Singapore.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
This is the correct coaster train for this coaster : (u can see the test setup in the background)

n2ay9xjqn9g31.jpg

This train is simulair to the original train of Battlestar Galactica from Universal Singapore.
Very weird looks similar to a Hyper/Giga train

MrRC

Mega Poster
In my NL2 version of the coaster it does reach a topspead of 104 km/h so thats why the main wheels are so big in diameter.

Last edited:

MrRC

Mega Poster
When i do visit Vekoma Vlodrop, sometimes i make small video's. This video if from May 11 2017, when i was shooting a short video of the test setup for FLY.
I didn't noticed that in the foreground laying the trackparts of the Vekoma Dive Pretzelcoaster.

Last edited:

Skip6788

Roller Poster
There was indeed A Dive Pretzel coaster for the Great Mall of China, and that track is Blue.

But what no one knows that there was also an other coaster...
It was a Launched motor bike coaster (LSM launch with watercooled stators) that is the yellow track!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
There was indeed A Dive Pretzel coaster for the Great Mall of China, and that track is Blue.

But what no one knows that there was also an other coaster...
It was a Launched motor bike coaster (LSM launch with watercooled stators) that is the yellow track!
The motorbike was known about from the start though? one we knew most about as in it was half set up at the park before it was abandoned. There was a big pile of yellow track outside for a while too.

Abandonedmall2small.jpg
Abandonedmall4small.jpg

Does make you wonder what happened to the rides afterwards. Scrapped I would have to assume.

Skip6788

Roller Poster
The motorbike was known about from the start though? one we knew most about as in it was half set up at the park before it was abandoned. There was a big pile of yellow track outside for a while too.

View attachment 11717
View attachment 11716

Does make you wonder what happened to the rides afterwards. Scrapped I would have to assume.
Ahh you have the pictures of the supports. Great! Then the mystery of the yellow track is solved now! 😁

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
He’s keeping us hanging…

I’m oddly intrigued to see what is being promoted…

off season huh 🙈 Boring
Nah, I just applied the hammer straight away this time. The guy has already been permabanned for a few days by now. It was one of those edge cases where you're not entirely certain if it's a spambot, but you figure that a legitimate user with this behaviour would not add much to the forum anyway.

Keoper

Roller Poster
I certainly wouldn't want to drive one of those. I don't know, but looking at the project, I already know that I won't get on that slide. In Singapore, I decided to ride the fall for the first time in my life, and I regretted it a lot. I was scared. For me, it's much better to start learning the types of holding companies than to ride such slides. When you ride it, you get the feeling that it's not safe. And I only live once, and I don't want to risk my health.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe he was just expressing his opinion, in fact not much use of all the comments. It's impossible to know for sure.
Bumping a very old thread for the sake of a single-line generic comment is usually associated with automated spam scripts, not the opinion of a legitimate user. Doubly so when the user doesn't make any other posts anywhere on the forum. Triply so when the same exact message is posted again after being deleted. Quadruply when the profile's spam check fields aren't filled in properly. At some point there are too many hallmarks of a spambot at work and too few signs of a human, that the profile is pre-emptively banned for spamming to save the trouble later.