What's new

Vekoma Rides - Do you like them?

nealbie

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
honourable mentions also go to Corkscrew at Flamingoland which quite literally attempted to remove my head from my shoulders

Really? I found it to be enjoyable and re-rode several times. :)

A

Anonymous

The GIB look cool and the new battlestar galactica ride looks a big step forward for Vekoma i would love to have a go on both sides.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I have the most respect for Vekoma out of all the major companies.

They try anything... And don't ever really fail.

Their rides might not be the most comfortable, or the best, but they are the most varied by a long shot.

If I could change one thing about Vekoma it would be their weird seat and restraint molds. Id o not understand the little parts that jut out at my back and shoulders at all.

Dutchmans<3

A

Anonymous

Some of there new stuff on there website looks cool, they got a new dutchman design with new trains and layout that looks interesting.
I would love to see them try there hydraulic launch system with a custom looping coaster and those new 4 across trains. Also Muntanya Russa looks a nice family coaster.

sean

Mega Poster
I love Vekoma and their rides. I think their the boldest company to bring new ideas to the industry and they are even trying to amend their reputation of only making rough roller coasters....

Why on earth their trying to do so is beyond me because I liked them as they were. I don't want them to try to emulate B&M who have become the bores of the industry still churning out the same old, same old coasters. Yes, they are smooth and they are good quality, but sometimes we want change and we want greener grass.

I suppose Vekoma are the budget label of the industry and like anything you get what you pay for and if that means their rides being a little rough around the edges then so be it. Anyone who moans about a coaster being rough is just a spoilt mollycoddled bag of puss, get some bruises on ya for gods sake!! :p

So, yeah, I love Vekoma and would go as far to say that I prefer them over B&M's :--D

Sharpy_2010

Roller Poster
Vekoma coasters are shocking. And this is clearly summed up by X:No Way Out, probably the worst ride i have ever been on

T0M

Hyper Poster
Jubilee Odyssey is by far the best Vekoma in the world. It is one of the best rides I've been on, the drop is extreme and the climb up is very scary with your legs dangling below like that. It's a little rough but who gives a damn?

In general Vekomas are rough and fun, they are not usually huge draw droppers anymore but they're still great fun. The Millennium Coaster at Fantasy Island is also great.

A

Anonymous

any Disney Vekoma is smooth which is good in my book (Rock N' Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, etc..)