What's new

Valleyfair Project 2026

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Grain of salt, of course, but...

A user on ParkFans who has inside sources has stated that Valleyfair is gearing up for its first major coaster investment in god knows how many years for 2026. The park GM wants a Raptor very badly but CF corporate wants a B&M Invert. This coaster would take over the long vacant Dinosaurs Alive plot.

How interesting...

Fiender

Roller Poster
Gonna copy my post from that thread lol. So, grain of salt consumed and all, but I still have to wonder why would the GM would want a raptor over an invert. If he's a total enthusiast, maybe? But I can't imagine why he'd turn down a $25M investment in favor of an $8-15M one.

-Could he possibly think that a raptor would be that much better for VF than an invert?
-Does he just want something more unique than other CF Parks?
-Could he be hoping to get a second, cheaper addition later-on with all the money the home office would be saving?
-Is he envisioning using the total hypothetical invert budget, perhaps on a double raptor like the Walibi Holland addition, or perhaps dueling thrill raptors?
-Or was he unimpressed by Banshee (I, for one, hated its rattle) and realizes that a modern B&M invert would probably be very similar?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Maybe they feel more comfortable with the idea of recouping $8-$15 million instead of the pressure of $25 million?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
A photo has emerged online of the Lakeshore Landing building being demolished, on the Dino’s Alive site of all places;
94670475-31F4-4BA4-847F-D3E1FE3C56DC.jpeg
Source

Normally I don’t try and add fuel to these long-burning rumor fires, but that building - the former Dinos Alive gift shop - was only built in 2013 and renovated three years ago. I would have assumed that they’d judged it’s long-term viability during that time, made sure it was up to code, so the demolition is intriguing indeed.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
its very 50/50 for one of these.

considering the CF & SF merger just happened. one works with RMC while the other doesnt. and CF REALLY likes B&M, while SF REALLY likes RMC, so its very split.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
its very 50/50 for one of these.

considering the CF & SF merger just happened. one works with RMC while the other doesnt. and CF REALLY likes B&M, while SF REALLY likes RMC, so its very split.
K I would just remove anything about the merger from this equation since that won’t come into effect for a few more years. Entirely different can of worms.

Awesome that they're reusing SeaWorld San Diego's actual plans from Emperor!

/s
Mayne it will have a station this time...oh wait. Vallyfair? Oh wait hold that thought. First April fools on a forum, and for a quick second I bought into it
I feel stupid. Okay, I have to hop in the car and go to Knotts so byeee

GeminiOP03

Roller Poster
Gonna copy my post from that thread lol. So, grain of salt consumed and all, but I still have to wonder why would the GM would want a raptor over an invert. If he's a total enthusiast, maybe? But I can't imagine why he'd turn down a $25M investment in favor of an $8-15M one.

-Could he possibly think that a raptor would be that much better for VF than an invert?
-Does he just want something more unique than other CF Parks?
-Could he be hoping to get a second, cheaper addition later-on with all the money the home office would be saving?
-Is he envisioning using the total hypothetical invert budget, perhaps on a double raptor like the Walibi Holland addition, or perhaps dueling thrill raptors?
-Or was he unimpressed by Banshee (I, for one, hated its rattle) and realizes that a modern B&M invert would probably be very similar?
-Yes
-Yes
-Yes
-Possibly
-No Stengel, no deal
😞😴