What's new

USJ | Flying Dinosaur | B&M Flying Coaster

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Re: USJ | Flying Dinosaur | B&M Flying Coaster

Wow wow wow. Certainly the best B&M flyer yet - unlike the others (excluding Starry Sky Ripper which looks fab), there doesn't seem to be a dull moment. No meandering about at all!

That pretzel loop looks like the highlight of the ride to me, and that little kink may well deliver some gorgeous airtime. Pretzel loops are forceful, but in a tunnel - that's something else.

What's even better is that that's just a test run...and it doesn't even look slow ;)
Think about how it'll run at the end of a busy day...

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
This is probably my favourite example of what I think flyers should be like. I love how it will soar over the paths packed with people and buildings and the view after the mini hill is lovely.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
And I can't help but think this was a cold run POV. If this thing goes even faster... <3

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
12695811_977301149019150_343509345_n.jpg

No idea why though...

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Someone probably gave it to them, then told them that they wanted to show it first.

But what is seen cannot be unseen.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Seems odd since its not the only one out there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFdrH4fUcXM[/youtube]

oriolat2

Giga Poster
_koppen said:
First half look so brilliant, second half so lame.

Considering the first part looks pretty intense, I am ok with a second part with tamer elements just to give you the time to recover from high G forces and having the feeling of actual flight.

I like the way it looks intense for the first half and not the second half. Air meanders and in my opinion it succeeds as a flying coaster, so I'll probably like the second half quite a bit.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yea this looks awesome, combines the intense parts of a flyer with actual flying parts like Air.

Love how it goes over all the buildings and flies over the top of the JP area. Hope the trains look good.

Feel like they missed the trick with the turn above the lake though, should have been a Manta element diving down close to the water there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Thanks for reposting the POV roomraider.

I agree on the pace of the flyer. Yes the later half is not intense, but it appears to have plenty of great flying bits to really add to the ambience. I especially love the turn over the pathway next to the water before the corkscrew.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
POV is back up under a different title - catch it while it's hot!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXZ6dVnZNOU[/youtube]