What's new

USF | Harry Potter: Escape from Gringotts | Unknown

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Universal Studios Florida | Unknown | Unknown

It looks nothing like the newer style f Vekoma tracks;

The distance between the track spine and the running rails is far greater than in the new Vekoma coasters...

kadabrium

Roller Poster

The track looks like nothing that I've seen.
Although it does resemble the newer Premier (SUF, YOLO, etc), it has single spine and much thinner ties, still.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I've no idea how official this is:
http://orlandounited.com/word-of-hateto ... -the-king/

As we continue our tour, we happen to see a vast amount of structures popping up from the Wizarding World Diagon Alley Construction site. The largest of these structures will house a Gringotts themed rollercoaster experience based off of the sequence in the Deathly Hallows 2. The attraction itself will be the flagship of the Universal dark ride line up. Its ride system alone is so advanced several major companies are involved in its installation and execution. Premier and Vekoma are already on site working on a system that will incorporate flight simulation, live effects, animatronics, 4K3DHD Screens, and sudden drops, “tilts”, and acceleration. The massive interior sets will incorporate “portals” or screens that will blend into massive cliffs and rockwork. Some interior rock work will be approaching 5 stories in height inside the Gringotts show rooms. Including sub sections for scenes there are 14 total zones within this attraction with scenes 8 and 9 being two of the largest and most complicated scenes created. The dragon is something else…

CPcisco

Mega Poster

If that is true, then it would certainly make sense. What they seem to be describing is the Pandora's Box idea from Vekoma. It would also explain why all the track we have seen so far is flat...

marc

CF Legend

Mike T said:
Its not Gerstlauer. This is going to be the highest capacity theme park attraction in the world, and Gerstlauer isn't even in the same light year as the kinds of technology that are being incorporated into this project. What you should be expecting is a few manufacturers coming together to create different components of the ride - and that includes the tracking system.

We were told about them working together :)

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Last week I was at Universal Studios Florida and I could have a look at the buildings. The area and the buildings are just massive. It is really going to be something worth visiting. If the Gringotts coaster is as good as the Mummy, I would be more than happy, although I suspect it is going to be much more elaborate, according to the last rumours posted above.

BTW, from HRRR you can easily spot a sort of monorail-esque track that connects IOA and USF for the Hogwarts Express train. As of now, it looks rather bare, but I guess they will do something to actually simulate that you are travelling from/to Hogwarts/Hogsmeade/London.

peep

CF Legend

^The Hogwarts Express is rumoured to have no real windows. It'll be a bunch of screens and it'll simulate scenes from the films, so the train will be 'attacked' by Dementors etc.

I'm looking forward to this expansion and the new coaster excites me. I really hope some of these rumours are true, sounds very exciting.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

peep said:
^The Hogwarts Express is rumoured to have no real windows. It'll be a bunch of screens and it'll simulate scenes from the films, so the train will be 'attacked' by Dementors etc.

I'm looking forward to this expansion and the new coaster excites me. I really hope some of these rumours are true, sounds very exciting.

My guess is they would use something similar to the Kong 360 technology.

To the poster on page 3 of this thread, thank you for cracking the riddle and suggesting Gringotts coaster. You literally had the same thoughts that EVERYONE who knows Harry Potter did.

P.S: Vekoma +Intamin = downtime!

Mike T

Mega Poster

marc said:
We were told about them working together :)

Gerstlauer isn't involved. We're talking about taking Intamin, Premier Rides, the developers of spider man/transformers, the developers of forbidden journey, among several other MAJOR players and collaborating under one roof. This ride is going to change everything you know about theme park attractions and their applied technology. Trust me... the budget on this one sound stage makes what Disney spent on Cars land seem like a total joke. This one attraction has a similar price tag to what Disney paid for the entire Animal Kingdom.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

So is that report wrong then and it isn't Vekoma and Premier? The report says both are already on site but everyone is talking about Intamin :?

marc

CF Legend

That reports not wrong Furie, they are involved as well.

Lofty

CF Legend

I have to ask this; Where's the actual PROOF that all these companies are combining together?

Casio

Mega Poster

Mike T said:
This one attraction has a similar price tag to what Disney paid for the entire Animal Kingdom.

$1 billion? Seriously? I really want to believe that but that seems ridiculous. The entire Universal theme park revenue is $1.9 billion. Is this just hearsay or have they released figures? And I can understand Oceaneering and Dynamic Structures (and maybe even Kuka) coming together, but what exactly can Premier and Vekoma do that Intamin can't? Obviously they're both more reliable, but multiple coaster manufacturers, who can all do the same things (reverse sections, LIMs, tilting/dropping tracks) seems pointless.

coasterboy

Mega Poster

Anyone remember this?

http://www.cantileveredcoaster.com/

CCS%2001%20B-Movement%20w%20Type.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this - using a 12 person car mounted to the end of a Kuka robot arm. It could involve 2 tracks - a flat track for the Kuka arm to travel on, and then a "false track" above (using the arm's ability to pitch and roll to follow the curves of the false track).

It's an elaborate idea, but it fits with some of the rumours going around (multiple manufacturers, a motion-base car, etc)

BBH

Giga Poster

The RCT3 robotic coaster coming to life?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Hasnt the RCT3 robo coaster been done twice now? Something in Harry Potters area at IoA and something at a Legoland?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Intricks said:
Hasnt the RCT3 robo coaster been done twice now? Something in Harry Potters area at IoA and something at a Legoland?
The Legoland thing I know is more like the RCT3 robotic arm FLAT RIDE. I could be wrong, but I really don't think that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is a robocoaster. I always saw it as a Spiderman-esque dark ride but with an inverted ride system. Could be wrong, though.

Based on the track we've seen, though, I think that this thing will be nothing more than a more extreme version of Seven Dwarfs mine train in that the car is stationary (possibly swinging a bit) with the track being able to invert or go under the rider. Kind of like an S&S free fly but with the car on the track instead of next to it.