What's new

USF | Harry Potter: Escape from Gringotts | Unknown

Ready_23

Roller Poster
Well yeah the whole ride description is on the internet however not all the plans and concept art hasnt been totally leaked yet.

Ready_23

Roller Poster
bmac said:
And the loud rumble of all those drive wheels moving the train from scene to scene.

As far as I'm aware, the tyres are only being used for the two launches, I'm not sure if they are using them other than that.

Found some cool images on Theme Park Insider of shots inside the Gringotts building

gringotts1.jpg

gringotts2.jpg

I'm aware Lofty posted the first one already but I couldnt see the second one

marc

CF Legend
There are still reports the train to the parks will not be ready when this new area opens.

No idea if that's true or not?

Ready_23

Roller Poster
marc said:
There are still reports the train to the parks will not be ready when this new area opens.

No idea if that's true or not?

There was the whole thing a while back with them fitting the wrong material on the wall in the station in Hogsmeade which caused them to have to do it all over again, not sure if that held them up a significant time or not though. The HE has been testing as there are videos of it leaving Kings Cross ---> Hogsmeade

Ready_23

Roller Poster
_koppen said:
marc said:
The preview is the 17th to 20th June.

After the preview I predict a 4-6 hr line! :D

Wasnt there a 12hr queue just to get into IoA when the previous one opened? I can see there being a greater queue but due to crowd control obviously there wont be a queue that big for the ride.

marc

CF Legend
Tbh when the whole lot open I think it will be harder to control the crowds than last time.

Whole new area, new ride plus the train. Last time it was just one area in one park.

Maybe that's why they will delay the train opening, to stop people trying to get in another way etc.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I am just going to assume that this Harry Potter will use literal witchcraft and wizardry for these special effects.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Does Universal offer any form of fastpass or any system like that? I could imagine if they did just for the Potter attractions and charged, they could make that much more **** money.

marc

CF Legend
Yeah they offer that pass for $95 or whatever it was for you to jump the queue once.

Problem they had last time was actually getting people into the area as well as it's so narrow.

They ended up giving people time slots to go back later in the day.

You can understand the hype though.

marc

CF Legend
I know this is really fussy but they have now put a great looking dragon on top of the building. My one gripe and probably a bit OCD is that the tail can be seen above the London buildings.

Yes it's not a big deal, however that area in the books is hidden from normal people's view so I'm sort of hoping they can hide it.

peep

CF Legend
Obviously people have ridden this ride now and most people are describing it as "Mummy meets Transformers/Spiderman". The whole area looks incredible but there's one thing in particular I wanted to point out...

DSCN2357.jpg

I was watching a vlog about it and one of the two presenters couldn't ride it. Not because he was fat (although on the larger side he's not so big he can't ride things) but because of his legs. Turns out they've added leg restraints which I feel are becoming more common. Apparently they don't leave much room (if any) and if you're too tall or have long legs you may suffer the same fate.

marc

CF Legend
Been reading mixed reviews of everything.

The area is meant to be fantastic but the attractions are not meant to be that great.

Have only seen the train and it's so hard to tell. The screens look like crap cgi and they never used the real voices. However it is a transport ride so it's better than just windows looking at ride buildings :)

The other ride is meant to be ok but nothing as grand as it was meant to be. Some say once you do it once or twice to you will be in no rush to do it again.

As normal everyone likes different things and povs etc only give an idea of what it's like.

But seeing everyone raved about the original ride not really sure what to think.