What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

Dar

Hyper Poster
I was thinking of a boat ride, either round the shire like you say, or the boat ride west at the end of the story!

There's so much of middle earth that would make great attractions, like the story of the first song and the fall of morgoth, but I don't know how much the estate is willing to let be shown/created. Or rather, how much scope they'd give the designers to fill in the gaps in the legendarium.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think it looks really great, but I am really curious how well the effect is going to work from the perspective of someone sitting in the back seat. I wonder if the visibility will be good enough for the effect to actually work?

Not ****ting on it yet, but really curious how it will work out.

Same too for off-ride - I wonder if the extension arm will be really visible?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I think it looks really great, but I am really curious how well the effect is going to work from the perspective of someone sitting in the back seat. I wonder if the visibility will be good enough for the effect to actually work?
I mean, how does affect rides for inverts, if you're not in the front. Or dive coasters (both are definitely superior in the front row IMO)....and even Wing's to a certain extent, soooo you aren't wrong to question it, I'm sure it'll be lackluster (🤷‍♂️), not trying to **** on it, just being realistic. but hopefully in the front it'll look cool, the ride in general looks fun so at least theres that, ha

Last edited:

Leon_K

Mega Poster
To be honest, I am not really sure about this. I expected the experience to work more as an optical illusion, but after seeing the animation the car doesn't really seem to co-operate with the fake track - for example when the track is damaged or when it needs to make the jump horizontally to other track pieces - which makes it look very gimmicky. Only the vertical jumps over gaps work well.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Like Liseberg's Luna, Europa's CanCan and Disney Paris' Space Mountain all had a child together. I really like it. Meant to also have some cool lighting onboard.

Also worth noting multi launch duelling coasters with 20 person trains! Capacity should be something great hopefully

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Like Liseberg's Luna, Europa's CanCan and Disney Paris' Space Mountain all had a child together. I really like it. Meant to also have some cool lighting onboard.

Also worth noting multi launch duelling coasters with 20 person trains! Capacity should be something great hopefully
Yeah I really like these trains, can't wait to get on this ride!

When do people think the park could open? Getting a booking in the big park hotel will probably be a nightmare!