What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

ViperGTS500

Roller Poster
They already own Velocicoaster drawing people to IOA. Don't want to water down that rides impact by matching or attempting to outdo it close by in the same resort. Having a different offering encourages guests to all 3 of the theme parks instead of just settling for one, especially when this isn't a walk or themed ride away.

A people eating people pleaser re-ridable all day sounds great to me. I have long hoped Starfall racers to be well rounded and all the fun and none of the bruising.
I dont mean outdoing or watering down, meant basically the same designs...just why not with Intamin since they been working with them yet Mack they havent..

Fiender

Roller Poster
I dont mean outdoing or watering down, meant basically the same designs...just why not with Intamin since they been working with them yet Mack they havent..
That might be exactly why: Branch out and work with another well-regarded manufacturer and possibly built another relationship. Intamin might also not have been available for the project (and Universal already has another Intamin Blitz going to their California park).

cookie

Giga Poster
A train is now on the transfer track for the Werewolf spinning coaster. Credit to bioreconstruct on twitter.

j4fm5iwraswb1.jpg

Ries

Mega Poster
I think, it was better to switch Nintendo en Classic Monsters.
Monsters is now very close to the Hotel en clearly visible from the land. With Nintendo that would've been a bit less, because the whole land is enclosed.

And recently (very late to the table) I started playing Luigi's Mansion 3 and I believe this would be a very very nice addition to the park/ Nintendo Land.
Universal's answer to Disney's Haunted Mansion. Would love to see that.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I'm surprised they didn't put the extreme spinner cars on this family spinner coaster. They are already designed for launches, can be made to look extra themed and are generally awesome.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
This is an Intamin right? So their answer to the ever succesfull Mack family spinners perhaps?

I'm surprised they didn't put the extreme spinner cars on this family spinner coaster. They are already designed for launches, can be made to look extra themed and are generally awesome.
If it were to be a Mack, those extreme spinner trains on RTH apparently cost north of a million euro's per train sooo..

emoo

Hyper Poster
The Intamin for this park is in the Isle of Berk, and I wonder what we are getting there too!

I expect the bigger Mack spinning cars cost more but the regular is hardy pocket change. There will be a thought out practical reason that escapes me right now.

Wouldn’t the extreme spinner cars lead to an increased height restriction, though? Seems kinda useless when this is clearly meant as a family attraction.

This could be key but I wonder if the particular track layout with 0 inversions could have lowered the height limit. It could be more a consideration for the shorter people trying to get into the chairs elevated higher of the floor

Other advantages of the extreme spinners would have been easier to get most other people in and out, also onboard audio with enough bass to make my heart melt every time.

I'm not upset or anything, just curious.

Last edited:

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
The Intamin for this park is in the Isle of Berk.

Ah gotcha, not too up to date with this park so my bad!

One thought I had, and I might be wrong on this, but I believe we haven't yet seen a launched family spinner from Mack right? Maybe instead of redesigning the standard trains they chose to update the entire thing? The trains we usually see on these family spinners have been produced for well over 15 years now

emoo

Hyper Poster
It's also been suggested this ride will have a swing launch in the middle of the ride. If they wanted I guess it could also stop it in the big shed thing for some kind of show. Dunno if any of that will actually happen but would help extend the short looking track length. And in turn a new model or variation for Mack to sell where an upgrade here would be handy.

StevenX

Mega Poster
In general, a couple of the ride tracks we've seen look quite short, with this and the water shooting ride. I guess the really exciting stuff will be in the dark rides, which we won't see for some time. I do wish this coaster were a bit longer and more exciting looking though.