What's new

Universal Studios Japan | Mine-Cart Madness | "Boom Coaster" {Rumour} | 2024

Just staying in a hotel overlooking USJ and I can see the ride testing right now (the park has just closed). They're sending cart after cart around.

I understand it's a bit of a meme but it looks slow. After Mario Kart I'm worried they might have made this *too* tame

This absolutely is intentionally too slow and tame - for the kids and adults not into thrills who will want to ride. I'd want more but will take the silly fun nonsense and really hope that is pulled off well and effective.

Just staying in a hotel overlooking USJ and I can see the ride testing right now (the park has just closed). They're sending cart after cart around.

I understand it's a bit of a meme but it looks slow. After Mario Kart I'm worried they might have made this *too* tame
Not surprised for a ride in Japan themed to generally a childs franchise.

Plus I can imagine that type of ride can't be too aggressive due to how far away the seats are to the wheel assemblies.

It's like a Steeplechase style ride, the centre of mass is quite far from the wheels which can cause a lot of shaking

Any update on opening? If they're testing again now can't be too long right? Right? Sob.

There’s a note on the website saying Express Passes are unavailable after July 24th and will be updated so maybe that’s the new opening date for Donkey Kong...

Have done a bit of detective work with my friend in Japan and we've noticed that nowhere is selling any type of Express Pass from August 20th onwards. So i'm getting pretty optimistic....

Have done a bit of detective work with my friend in Japan and we've noticed that nowhere is selling any type of Express Pass from August 20th onwards. So i'm getting pretty optimistic....
I'm not so optimistic right now, but I hope you're right! 🤞🏼

I'm not so optimistic right now, but I hope you're right! 🤞🏼

They typically sell the passes 2 months ahead and to my knowledge this is the first time (in recent memory) they've put a hold on them. I really can't see what else it would be for.

Would be somewhat strange to open the ride the week children go back to school but then that's not really a concern for a park like this.

I think it said they'll be releasing them on July 24th (or similar) so presumably we'll get an explanation one way or another then.

The only other things i can think is it's related to the Demon Slayer XR re-theme but that's open in July and they've already sold passes for that or it's Halloween related.