What's new

Universal Orlando | Volcano Bay | Water Park

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
2nd day the park has been open and girl let me tell you something
DA2CRSMW0AIASLh.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Feels like he is a bit if a troll tbh. New park needs time to find it's footing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Been looking at some PoVs and that water coaster looks ace. Still not convinced about the open back of the volcano but there is at least a lot of stuff going on in there.

peep

CF Legend
I'm hearing lots of mixed things since the media previews. Tapu Tapu is certainly going to take a while to adjust before it "works". Bits of the park are still unfinished and some rides have a lot of downtime but the general consensus seems to be very positive. Apparently the food is amazing.

No new park opens without a few faults, will be interesting to see how this park develops (rumours of an expansion starting construction "soon").

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've not followed this thread really, so what's Tapu Tapu? Everyone seems to be talking about it (and how it's not working so well), but I don't know what it is.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I've not followed this thread really, so what's Tapu Tapu? Everyone seems to be talking about it (and how it's not working so well), but I don't know what it is.
It's their 'virtual queuing system' - you get a wristband device which queues for you and go when it's time. Universal's answer to the Disney Magic Band thingy.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Yeah to be honest I'm not a fan of a 100% virtual queuing environment, because it runs out too quickly, like concert tickets.

With FP at Disney, there are non FP attractions to use until your time comes up, and of course if there is one ride you are desperate to ride, you always have the option to standby.

The last one is a biggie for me. It would be incredibly disappointing to visit a park and have no way to ride the one I wanted because all the virtual queue slots had been allocated.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The last one is a biggie for me. It would be incredibly disappointing to visit a park and have no way to ride the one I wanted because all the virtual queue slots had been allocated.
Hear, hear. I can understand the principle, but I can't help but feel like it doesn't actually give you the flexibility that it claims to. You'd basically have to plan out your whole day to ensure you got on everything you wanted.

It works well for fast passes (this is how the Six Flags system used to work, dunno if it still does), but I'm dubious about its effectiveness for normal operations. What concerns me is that I can see this being implemented in more parks.

Edward M

Strata Poster
It looks good, but $60 is steep. Disney's water parks are about the same, but there are also many ways to save for that like Park Hopper Plus option ($5 add-on at times). Even if the park seems worth $60, it seems like way too much effort for nearly nothing to do. Waiting in lines at water parks is no fun. It's usually blaring hot and holding those tubes can be awful at times. However, it's also great when you can run up those stairs and just get right on the slides over and over. Water parks are very largely about the slides, and people want to ride them. I love a lazy river, but I don't want to spend 340 minutes in one waiting on one ride. Even waiting in the lazy river for two hours (about the average) feels like it would get old fast. I know people will say that you don't have to do the lazy river, and you can relax by the pool. Still, paying $60 to sit by a pool for about 8 hours and riding 5 rides is no one's ideas of a good time. They need to fix those insane wait times before I even think about going there. I'm also hoping that price tag will eventually drop.