What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Second half of the ride up to the first brake section is complete, only two track pieces left now (between the two brake runs)!

118473432_2732681886977412_5082032535266311438_o.png

118484334_2732682213644046_3498872314221042572_o.png

This layout is so unbelievably strong I love it. Also, what are these brackets for?

118473432_2732682343644033_1145526298859784161_o.png

118510498_2732682376977363_2051807975072162891_o.png

Maybe they're for some sort of theming element or fancy lighting?

Ries

Mega Poster
I was not expecting the concrete wall blocking the view of the rocky area, launches and twists and turns.
Don't really like that now. Who knows what it is going to look like, but the view of the coaster train running through this, would've been great.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I've seen a few pics on Twitter of the concrete wall that's going up around the first half of the ride.

It doesn't look great so far.

Presumably it's there for storytelling reasons, i.e. it's supposed to be a raptor enclosure.

But this is one case where I think aesthetics should trump storytelling.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Yeah, I've seen a few pics on Twitter of the concrete wall that's going up around the first half of the ride.

It doesn't look great so far.

Presumably it's there for storytelling reasons, i.e. it's supposed to be a raptor enclosure.

But this is one case where I think aesthetics should trump storytelling.
Do you have a link for this? Can't seem to find any pictures of the wall?

Matt N

CF Legend
Giant concrete walls seem pretty fitting for the JP theme
The building enclosing the original Jurassic Park shoot-the-chutes has a similar aesthetic style, so it definitely won’t be out of place within the area, in my opinion.

For the theme, I actually think it could look quite nice and quite fitting, personally. Besides, I’m sure Universal have got way more that they intend to add; they would never build a ride without taking theming and visuals into account!

peep

CF Legend
I think we might be seeing quite a lot added to this steel structure. Considering some of the steel bars you can see from the main path have the cast signatures on, I image they'll be covered up. Totally going to have a window looking into it though like a zoo enclosure. Will be interesting to see how they manage to tie it into the rest of the area.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
The more I look at this the more i think they’re going to theme it to the abandoned original Jurassic Park that features in both the sequels to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. Think they could do a really good job of that.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Totally going to have a window looking into it though like a zoo enclosure.
I mean I could be completely wrong but I don't know if it will? I know it's silly to think of realism here, given the theme, but a glass window at a Raptor enclosure? Wouldn't they smash through?

Part of me hopes it's just a huge concrete wall, meaning everything behind it is a mystery until you're inside.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
I am really hoping this doesn’t have OTSR cuz I believe it was attraction magazines saying this may have a similar train to Hulk