What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Hutch

Strata Poster
I love the new launch effects. I'll gladly trade in the old B&M roar for that new Hulk roar.

I'm actually looking forward for this ride to open now.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Nice tunnel-exit decoration
CoZ-45yWYAAaq23.jpg

Some lighting underneath the tunnel too...?
[tweet]https://twitter.com/rollercoastinRO/status/759542613502373889[/tweet]
video

Fraser789

Roller Poster
Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

This looks brilliant at night! Can't wait to ride this I hope it opens in time for September.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
So Hulk is open/soft opened and I have to say, it looks absolutely incredible! The whole lighting package is beautiful and the on board audio sounds good too! It's now super smooth too apprently, so that's a massive plus!
Can't wait to try Hulk 2.0 out now!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
That sound belongs in the bathroom when you need more fiber in your diet, not on a roller coaster. Still beautiful to watch, though.

Extra Cheese: The Ride?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Okay, so they posted a picture of the test seats (was there always 2 test seats for Hulk?), and one is for the regular guests, while the other is for the fatties that still enjoy the coasters.

Is it just me, or do the regular ones look longer (as in red belt length elsewhere, and the fatty seatbelts are now longer than what I remember.

Mind you, I havent sat on a B&M since early last year, so my memory is very foggy.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Can't believe I missed this opening by 3 weeks and Kong grand opening by one **** day.

Oh well, looks amazing. I've always loved Hulk, so I'm sure it will shoot up my list with all the amazing new theming and effects. It did feel REALLY 90s by the end of its run, so I'm glad to see it and Spiderman both feel very fresh now. IOA just keeps getting better and better :--D .

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
Ireeb said:
I wonder why they didn't switch to a LSM Launch...

True. Surely long term it would've been cheaper to maintain LSM rather than replacing tyres and their motors over time? Any industry experts can answer this?

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Rode it today, back row.

The launch
there is no warning for the launch, like there was before

I could not hear the onboard audio, until the train was on the brakerun.

Overall, it doesn't feel any different to the old Hulk.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
So a general question, how hard have Dueling Dragons been used? Any need for something similar there as well in the future?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I've actually been hearing that Dragon Challenge is about to be closed for good ***next month***, and replaced by a new coaster in a couple years. Yes, you read that right. Check out @Parkscope on Twitter back on August 7th for their tweets about this rumor.

Edward M

Strata Poster
If I'm being honest, I kind of hope it does close. Harry Potter IOA really deserves a better coaster. Since it is none dueling, it is starting to just feel like a mediocre B&M invert that doesn't really fit in with Hogsmeade. I just think there's potential for an amazing and different coaster here. However, I really don't think this is going to happen. Just a rumor floating around without much to back it up.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If Dragon Challenge was in such a poor condition that it needs to be scrapped now, they wouldn't have bothered re-themeing it just a few years ago. It would have been scrapped there and then instead, and a new Harry Potter coaster built. It makes little sense for Universal to have poured millions into updating a ride, only to tear it down a few years later.

spicy

Giga Poster
It wouldn't surprise me to see it go eventually. If they want to add anything more substantial to Potter then that is the prime spot and opens up a huge amount of space.

I hope it doesn't happen though.