Apocalypse??
Venom??
Ice Blast??
The Bounce??
Hyperblaster??
Volcanic Eruption??
Extremis??
The freakin' BERRY BOUNCERS??
Whichever one of these or any other one that you can't get enough of, just post a reply to tell everyone YOUR favourite UK Drop Ride....CC

Nic

Strata Poster
Slightly odd choice of question.

Anyway...
1) Apocalypse
2) Cliffhanger
3) Detonator

coasterC

Roller Poster
drop rides

I think my favourite is Detonator, but I haven't been on Venom or Apocalypse yet, so I can't judge them. The Bat Drop at Fort Fun is pretty awesome and well themed though, and I love it. :twisted:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Ben is quite right; Cliffhanger is rubbish.

I haven't really been on that many UK drop towers, but from those I have tried, Apocalypse is by far the best.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I have actually never been on one of these rides! Had terrible luck with queues and reliability, but I am going to go on the quite small one (Trauma Tower) at Lightwater Valley on Saturday!

.:Matt:.

Roller Poster
I've only had the pleasure of riding on three of the UK's large drop towers, but:

1) Cliffhanger
2) Detonator
3) Ice Blast

I'm not that much of a fan of Ice Blast because its over so quickly. Where as with Clanger, you get the great drop!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Apocolypse without a doubt.

Second would be the Hyper Blaster but this year Pleasure Island have destroyed it, hence now it's pathetic. Such a shame. So Detonator takes its' spot.

The drop tower at the London Dungeons was the most dissapointing. That thing could've been soo much better. The effects were awful.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I've never been a big fan of drop towers, all that queing for 2 seconds of thrill - but they are the only rides that still truely give me the willies!

Detonator is crap - the only time I ever enjoyed it was when it broke and I was stuck up there for ages and then fell without a countdown - I think it's the ususal 'knowing when it will drop' that spoils it.

However, the one at Southport this year was brilliant - not the tallest by far - but a great view of the marsh - a huge wait at the top, then an unexpected and V. FAST drop. Also the fear of the cable snapping may have come into - I like my feet :--D

Apocolypse is quite good becasue of the options - sit down/stand-up, floor or no-floor...

Kebab

Giga Poster
Hmmm, Apocalypse for sure! Still I find it a mediocre drop tower, it's nice to have variation of sides but it just isn't 'that' big. And it's far from intense; Detonator and Venom on the other hand pack too much of a punch to handle multiple rides.

My favourite drop tower is Hurakan Condor, perfect setting, great height, stand-up floorless, nice theming, and a relieving drop! Shame it's in Spain :(

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Detonator and Venom on the other hand pack too much of a punch to handle multiple rides

Nonsense! I've been on Detonator about 5 times in a row before - after the first time drop towers loose their excitment imo and you can re-ride easily.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
My top 3 faves are:

1) Apocalypse (Though over-rated a tad, only a tad...)
2) Extremis
3) Detonator

I have also been on Ice Blast, Venom, The Bounce and Cliffhanger, but they were all really mediocre...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Cliffhanger is good. Ben is silly.

Apocalypse is the bestest though. *boring* It's the best one I've been on anywhere actually. Stand up is epic.

Nic

Strata Poster
Steven said:
2) Pepsi Max Big One Trocadero (Demolished)
Isn't this the one that's now at Hayling Island? If so, it's ****ing terrible. Not least because it has a big chunk of metal sticking up in the middle of the seat for the seatbelt bit. Trouble is, the breaks are really forceful, so in the process, I managed to skewer my leg, leaving behind a load of scratches and a MASSIVE bruise.