What's new

Type of phone

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
LG Voyager until December. I hate the touch screen so much.

lg-voyager.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ciallkennett said:
can text, ring and not much else. All I ever need or use.

I used to think the exact same thing until I played with an iPhone.

Now I can use a barcode scanner to find items cheaper elsewhere, check Twitter, surf the web (except Flash sites!), watch Youtube videos, listen to my music collection via the iPod, check the news, weather and traffic conditions, use Google maps, find stuff near me, track my bike rides, quickly identify the stars in the sky, email, update my coaster count, record stuff on my Sky+ box wherever I am in the world, check out how many owners a car has had, look up a 1000+ cocktail recipies, buy complete albums and TV shows, check train times, take photos and video, play hundreds of games when on the loo/train/in boring company, text and call...all by touching a few icons on a screen. Fantastic!

So yeah, I have an iPhone and have found nothing else can come close to it in terms of fun and practicality.

Rush

Giga Poster
Sony Ericsson k750i.

sony0802.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty ancient. It can text call etc, but I also have an iPod Touch which pretty much does what Ian said minus the phone part and GPS stuff. Oh and it's £35 a month cheaper. :p

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^^K750i is the best phone i've ever owned! Most reliable thing ever, had it for two years and then sold it to my mate, who used it for another 2, with no problems at all.

No, i'm on a

nokia-6700-classic.jpg

and so far (i've had it 7 months) its been faultless.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ibreathesbs said:
download-01-nexus-one-540x442.jpg

Sexiness.

How odd this topic suddenly floating to the top again.

Just had a call from a guy at work, we supplied both the HTC and 6330. Anyway, this guy just called, his dog has eaten his HTC :lol:

I'm still on the same 6300 I was two years ago, likely to be keeping it for another two years :)

A

Anonymous

Got my 4:th ever phone yesterday.
It all begun 2001/2002 during my military service with a Siemens ME45, then I switched that one out in 2007 with a BenQ-Siemens EF81, which I absolutely loved, and had it until it broke after 1.5 years, then I got my SE Z770i in a bit of a rush since I were about to go on a trip to Japan at that time. Now when my 24 month contract have ended and I was getting bored with all the quirks the phone had (tur itself of and looses net connection) I went out big and ended up with a SE X10 mini pro, and so far I absolutely love it, I really hope that the Android 2.1 update comes out soon...

x10-mini-pro-sonyericsson.jpg

I'm in love :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Is there due to be an Android 2.1 upgrade for it???

Madame_Furie has just got a HTC Wildfire, and I'm torn between one of those and the SE X120 Mini Pro. The Wildfire has the advantage of having the latest version of Android (and a bit bigger screen), but the Pro there has the keyboard...

I'm right on the edge of ordering the Wildfire, so advice please? :)

A

Anonymous

^ It was supposed to have come last month, but seeing that it's an SE, then it takes a lot of time (they don't really have the track record of keeping any phone up to date...).
The latest news of the 2.1 update is that it will come out later this month. At the current road map for this phone then there is another update coming in a few months (2.1x), but no news of 2.2+ updates at the moment (maybe won't see one either). But I have to say that I think it works really good with "just" 1.6...

The good thing with HTC is that the updates come out a lot sooner, and the battery life on Wildfire is so much better than the X10 mini pro (I have used up one battery since last night :) ).
But they both suffer from the same problem in my mind, they have a QVGA screen, which is a bit small to be honest (especially for on screen keyboards and browsing). I was initially going for an SE X8 instead (X10 mini with a larger screen size, resolution and a larger battery) but in the end got the one I did.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ordered one Loefet. If it's rubbish, I'm blaming you!!! ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ben said:
Upgraded <3

Best thing I've ever owned. Massive mistake not getting one 18 months ago.
Ooo, we should go round Marc and Mark's and sit there playing on our iPhones without actually talking to one another. And I can be the working class one as I only have a 3GS.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Cookie-Orange-KP501-Black-web-58410-58416.jpg

Plain black LG Cookie Fresh

Great Phone (For me anyway :) )

[Next time, select the picture link, not the html link to the page. :) -Snoo]

Snoo

The Legend
droid-x-europe.jpg

I also upgraded. Hadn't had a new phone in some 2 years.. and since I can't get a iPhone because I have an Alltel account on Verizon and neither have the damn phone.. I got the next best thing. <3

PS: It's a Droid X