What's new

Trip Plans For 2015

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Currently got:

- DLP (Gotta get that AP usage in right?)
- Italy
- Leipzig (Belantis/Plohn)
- Finland
- Holland/Belgium
- Assorted UK cred runs

Probably another few long weekends along the way as well, but those are the major trips for this year...

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I want to add Thorpe Park and Chessington to the Maybe list. And also Tibidabo (as well as Portaventura) if I manage to go to Barcelona.

Also, I think I'm gonna postpone DLP + Parc Asterix to 2017, due to the new coaster in Asterix and Disneyland's effort to improve the rides for their 25 year anniversary. I do want to visit the park in a good state and not when half of the rides are closed for maintenance.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
My cousin Tracy is doing a road trip to Texas in August so I will be going along. We will be doing Dollywood and Six Flags Over Texas and I will be trying to get as many +1 along the way. I have all of the coasters at Dollywood except for Firechaser Express so I will be looking to do some more at Dollywood other than coasters. Last time I went I had 6 hours to get all the creds and I was able to get them all with rerides on Mystery Mine, Thunderhead, and Wild Eagle. I have never been to Texas so I am looking forward to NTG and Titan with a couple other cool ones thrown in.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Haven't posted mine yet - so..

Main trip: USA with the ECC - the ecc trip is a week long loop around new york / pennsylvania - a sort of combination of the live in 2012 and Ians trip last year - not sure of the final route yet but early suggestions are coney island, Knoebels , great escape, storyland and funtown, canobie, sfne, quassy and compounce , rye and maybe an alpine coaster or 2 - I'd stay an extra week and do one or 2 days at SFGA and maybe one other park.

Lives will depend on timings

Pretty much defo's

Disnleyland paris - Ratatouille sounds great, and phantom manor was closed for refurb last time I was there. Also TOT love!

rhyl + greenwood

Other possibles:
Walibi holland - been on my list for a while, due to goliath (or should I leave it for the 2016 ride)
Nigloland - Alpina blitz looks great
Phantasialand - went there about 8 years ago - chiapas, maus au chocolat and the fun house look great additions

thatll do for now!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
^ So much detail.
Indeed <3

Outside of all my Central Florida parks..... I have plans for

Returning to Miracle Strip Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL (while still in the same state I live in it, its some 6 hours / 400 miles away from me!)

Maybe going to Waterville USA again, on my way to New Orleans where I'll be visiting New Orleans City Park and its hopefully open new coaster. (and I haven't decided yet... but I might drive a little more west and hit Kemah Boardwalk and Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier)

Six Flags Over Georgia and Carowinds for sure as well. In fact, I'll be at SFOG in 2 weeks :D

I'll be visiting my family back in Massachusetts at some point and get my standard Canobie and Six Flags New England visits in... As well as Lake Compounce and hopefully Edaville will get their coaster(s) up and running.

That's all I have for now... I'm sure I'll end up a few other places and have a few ideas of where.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Wait, do we the need plans now? Sh*t.

I'll probably be going to the states for a college program. Hopefully, I'll be able to visit a park while I'm there.

Dutchess

Roller Poster
I haven't had the chance to decide anything with 100% certainty, my uni offers a field course in archaeology (which I'm majoring in) so I'm waiting for more information on when exactly that is and I also don't know for sure what my economy will look like.

But I frankly can't see myself NOT going to Efteling at all during 2015, it is my favorite park and Thom lives fairly close so :3 And if Thom comes to Sweden we'll surely go to some Swedish parks again.

My wish list for the year:

Europa Park
Holiday Park
Walibi Belgium
Plopsaland de panne
Bobbejaanland
Portaventura (And Tibidabo while I'm in the area)

And aaaalll the other cool parks too :angel:

Snoo

The Legend
Snoo said:
New England and LA. Gotta ride the new RMC's.

Also, going to probably do a quick trip to Holiday World and Indiana Beach with Hyde, just because why not?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I booked flights to Nanning a few days ago for a weekend in January. No idea what's really there as far as the city goes, but flight times worked out well for a quick weekend away, so I just thought **** it really.

There are a bunch of coasters scattered around - around 10 I think - but nothing of any real note and no major parks.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I shall be doing the 3 weeks in America & Canada as planned but that will be it. Next year will be about work and getting myself somewhere to live.

I'll do the odd day at a park but it'll be once/twice maximum. I cancelled my MAP last week so I definitely won't be going back to the Merlin parks.

Ben

CF Legend
^To be fair, that America trip alone is pretty much enough to reclaim the title!

I'm doing the same as Daz, America for three weeks and then random stuff. None of the Merlin parks are getting creds so probably none of them. Maybe, maybe Wiener Prater in Sept but I don't know.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I haven't actually planned anything for sure yet, but have a couple of non-coaster trips in the pipeline which I'm thinking of extending with some parks before/after. The only one that currently has any real steam is Sweden/Finland. Will get the chance to go out to Sweden or Finland with work for a couple of weeks next year, probably around late April/May time. Hoping to take a week off afterwards and go to a few parks etc while I'm in the area.

Got a biking trip to Ireland in the pipeline, so may try to at least get to that new woodie, but the rest of the options in Ireland didn't excite me much.

Will probably have another two weeks I can take off somewhere else in the year, so thinking I might do a bit of city hopping in Europe or maybe even a bit of Canada, not sure yet really.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Really quiet one for me this year as we are most likely moving house and will need a new car. So probably just a few parks I'm shamefully yet to get the creds from, mainly Blackpool and Brighton.
It's highly likely we will go to Drievliet though, as some friends are moving there early 2015 so we will visit their new place at some point, if I can persuade the wife to extend the trip then we'll do Walibi as well.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ Of course it's up to you, but I'd highly recommend visiting Efteling instead of Walibi. Especially if you've already ridden EGF and had a good run on it. Efteling is a much more complete park and would probably give you a much more satisfying visit. Walibi, aside from Goliath (EGF is better anyway in my opinion), is quite unremarkable. You'd probably get bored after a couple of hours. Efteling is closer to Drievliet as well.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ Very true, but I was hoping to save the Efteling trip with the family for a few years down the line, simply because the kids would be 4 & 1 next year, I think they would enjoy the park more at 6 & 3.

peep

CF Legend
At the moment my main priority is California in September, will be doing all the main parks.

Will hopefully be doing Italy for a week, lots I'd like to re-ride plus some new things too.

There will be the inevitable weekend trips to DLP.

Obviously Efteling needs to happen next year too. It's been too long since my last visit and there are new things to experience.

I've also contemplated Denmark, and Heide/Hansa.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
A few trips around Europe sweeping up the main parks I haven't been to yet.

Then 2 months in the US and Canada doing creds, seeing friends and having one massive trip before a new job and place to live beckons.