What's new

Trip plans for 2013

Error

Strata Poster
I'm hoping (Read that as "killing myself with overtime in order to save for") to do a medium UK trip. Mostly to see and meet CFers I've wanted to see for a long time (Like furie, Ian, Nic...a lot more...) , and spend time with ones I've met (Like Kim, Sue, Rich, Rach, Peter, Ciall...there's a lot of you as well...). That's hopefully going to be: Alton, Thorpe, Chessington, BPB, Lightwater, and one other I forget.

Texas maybe.

Kings Island, Michigans Adventure, and Cedar Point definitely. Also anyone wanting to go to CP can hit me up and I can try to see them there and help them about.

Snoo

The Legend
Intricks said:
Snoo said:
Intricks said:
Two reasons, I believe it is on the wat from where I live, and I have never been.

I live in Northeast Ohio, and with my going outside the US for an Amusement Park based reason Im kinda unsure of the parks along the way. No clue where Martins Fantasy place is, but I may add In La Ronde if it is relatively close (read a 2hr drive away) to Canadas Wonderland.

Wait.. when did you move to NE Ohio?

Since always...? Im near Youngstown, quite possibly a nice area due to its prime location and 9 parks within a 6hr long drive :lol:

I don't ever recall you telling me you were from the Yo son.. or maybe you did.. I dunno.. lol

Nick P

Mega Poster
Dorney-June
Hershey-August
Busch Gardens Williamsburg-August
Possibly Kings Dominion, but BGW is a much better choice. Although, I could substitute KD in for Dorney. What do you guys think?

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm heading to Denmark in May for Djurs and Farup Sommerland, BonBon Land, Tivoli Gardens, and then getting the ferry across to Liseberg. Can't wait for this trip, especially to ride my first Mega-Lite! Just a shame Project Helix won't be ready by then.

Other plans include Alton Towers, and 2 weeks in California during Halloween season. My band are touring up north in March and driving right passed Scotlands M+D's, trying to decide if it's worth popping in there..?All those Pinfari's look a bit rubbish :/

A101

Mega Poster
Planning a trip down to Orlando, hoping to get down to BGT. Trying to make arrangements to spend some time at CP around my birthday.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Phantasialand, Europa Park, Efteling, Walibi Holland and maybe Thorpe on the way home in June. As well as the standard multiple Towers trips. :)

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I've got a season pass for BPB, so plenty of visits there again, especially for Club PBE events which there will be four of in 2013, including first rides on Wallace and Gromit.

The two Madrid parks in July, followed directly by Port Aventura and that park with the plane ride in Barcelona which the name escapes me.

I'll probably do Thorpe a few times, Alton Towers once for Scarefest.

I'd really like to go to Europa Park at some point!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Radaxian said:
My band are touring up north in March and driving right passed Scotlands M+D's, trying to decide if it's worth popping in there..?All those Pinfari's look a bit rubbish :/

If it's not too much of a hassle, go. M&D's is VILE, like absolutely disGUSTing, but the the two "major" coasters are quite fab.

Tornado, the double looper, is HUGE for a Pinfari. It's brutal as well, but sort of amazing for all the wrong reasons.

Tsunami is actually pretty decent, and unless you're planning on going to The Philippines anytime soon, you're not going to ride another one of that model type.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm sure I'll make it to Cedar Point at some point over the summer. Hopefully I'll be able to go to Valleyfair at the beginning of next school year. I might come up a week early or just so I could do that. I'm also hoping to make it to Silver Dollar City, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Over Texas, Kemah, Galveston Pier, and Sea World, but that's way up in the air as of now. School and cash flow come first.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Nothing major planned thus far. Will try and get to Alton for SW7 opening day, planning on finally nabbing the Brighton Pier creds at some point and considering trying to get some of the smaller parks in the south if I'm in the area.

Will most likely be in Morocco in June/July and there's a small possibility of me being in Salé for a day or so. If I am, might be a proper credit whore and seek out the kiddie cred that's there.

If I have cash floating about, I might go to one or two European parks. We shall see.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I'll be in Morocco in February. I won't be going for that kiddy coaster you mentioned, but I'm getting the boat over to Tangier from Gibraltar, so I may well go for the cred there.

ignace

Mega Poster
I have pretty solid plans for:

Plopsaland, Bellewaerde, Bobbejaanland, Walibi Belgium and Plopsacoo. In the netherlands: Efteling, Dippiedoe, Billybirds, Toverland, Walibi Holland. If Hellendoorn ads a new coaster, I will probably visit Hellendoorn to.

In Germany: Phantasialand, Europapark (several times), Tripsdrill, Klotten, Holiday Park, Schwaben park, Bayern park, Legoland.

In France: le pal, Nigloland, Fraispertuis City, combes, Bagatelle

in Brittain: Thorpe, Legoland, Chessington, Alton Towers, PBB

There may be a trip to madrid or copenhagen, or maybe both.

On the probably, but not certainly list:
Plopsa indoor Hasselt
Boudewijnpark
Asterix Park
Moviepark Germany
Schloss Beck
Slagharen
Drievliet

peep

CF Legend
^Are you going to get a Plopsa Funcard then? Free entry into at least 4 of the parks you mentioned. Same goes for the Merlin Annual pass (which is on sale atm).

ignace

Mega Poster
peep said:
^Are you going to get a Plopsa Funcard then? Free entry into at least 4 of the parks you mentioned. Same goes for the Merlin Annual pass (which is on sale atm).

I have a funcard for 2 years now, and in 2013 i will have one again :).

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Finally finally planning on going to California. 1 for general vacation, but also to hit SF:MM and, well however many I can.

SF:NE, Lake Compounce and the Cyclone at Coney Island are all too close for me to neglect another year.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Slight change-up in my plans.

March is just Dollywood now.
April is SFMM (YAY)
May is Canadas Wonderland, Martins Fantasy Island and Darien Lake
June is looking at Six Flags New England, SFGreat Adventure, Dorney, Hershey and SFA

While Im driving West for my move (hopefully happening), will be Silver Dollar City, SFoT and SFFT. Not sure if I would add in any other parks or not.

Keeping my eye on cost and trying to see if I can bunk with some friends in June that happen to live near those parks to help ease cost.