What's new

"Triops", Relocated Vekoma Boomerang at Bagatelle

Nic

Strata Poster
According to RCDB, Bagatelle are getting the Vekoma Boomerang from Karolinelund in Denmark.

http://rcdb.com/9945.htm

I can't see any mention of it on their website anywhere. RCDB lists it as under construction and opening later this year, but the following might suggest otherwise.

www.parcplaza.net said:
Dans une interview sur France 3, le nouveau directeur de Bagatelle, Philippe Desnoues, annonce son intention de construire en 2012 une nouvelle montagne russe. Elle doit faire 39 mètres de haut, avoir des loopings et pouvoir accueillir 28 passagers. Cela pourrait correspondre à un Invertigo de Vekoma (ou autre).

Google translate said:
In an interview on France 3, the new director of Bagatelle, Philippe Desnoues, announces its intention to build a new roller coaster in 2012 . It should be 39 meters high, have loops and can accommodate 28 passengers. This could correspond to a inverting Vekoma (or other).

Anyone have any more info?

nealbie

CF Legend
Caroline Land <3

Shame it wouldn't be a new cred..... BUT, I'll take any excuse to go back for those rapids and flip-flop boyzone coaster <3

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Unknown, Vekoma Boomerang at Bagatelle

I'm glad someone has grabbed that boomerang. It was definitely one of the smoothest original boomerangs I've ever ridden & it would have been a shame if it would have been scrapped.

peep

CF Legend
Re: Caroline Land <3

nealbie said:
Shame it wouldn't be a new cred..... BUT, I'll take any excuse to go back for those rapids and flip-flop boyzone coaster <3

This. Any reason to go back to ride rapids that has been approved by Neal's laugh is a good reason :p

Nic

Strata Poster

Hey, for some of us, it is actually a CRED! :) I agree about the rapids, but don't forget Peep, we've got the joy that are BobbieJobbie's ones to look forward to on Monday! :D

Ben

CF Legend

Urgh.

URGH.

As IF this means I have to go back to that hole <//3

nadroJ

CF Legend

I need to go back to Bagatelle because when I went I wasn't bothered about the creds like I am now <3

Maybe couple it with the Parc Asterix LIVE next year ;]

Martyn B

CF Legend

So it has a name, "Triops", which is a shrimp :?

Opening date is July this year. Whats the park like? Their website makes it look crap, which is never a good sign really...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I quite like Bagatelle. I've been there twice (albeit with excellent people) and had a good, full day out there. Go in expecting a dump and nothing too exciting and you'll come way having a satisfying day. It wouldn't rank in the top third of park's that I've visited, but I don't dislike it. It's pretty average, but worth a giggle. The rapids are great.

davidm

Strata Poster

Ride is stil in-situ (albeit the non-lift hill bits are in pieces) in Aalborg.

5790462679_9f80cc27ed_z.jpg

5791020342_02a9163a4b_z.jpg

msep003

Roller Poster

And another Boomerang in this Country ! How many do we have ? 2 ? YAY lol a third one and all the 3 with the old Arrow Trains .

This is a good addition for Bagatele ! The new Owners of the parc are very Optimistic and motivated about investing into Bagatelle .

Dave

CF Legend

Woo a Boomerang, best way to simulate a hangover without drinking.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ That's a shame.

I think I'll normalise this topic and let it wilt. I don't think many people are interested in coasters in Iraq.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
What a shame... first the war and now this. What have the Iraqis done to deserve such cruelty?