What's new

Toy Story Playland - WDS

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I have yet to see anything to do with Woody, is he there?

I guess a guy is trying out the costume and rehearsing the role as we speak. Woody is best suited as a costume character, instead of just "lying around". Boo-beep should also be somewhere in there...

I also expect that Buzz statue to make some sounds, perhaps even having a microphone and speakers so people can "talk" to it. It would require a guy sitting in a room somewhere to reply to the customers, but there would be some lingual difficulties. Most likely, it's just a pre-recorded "To the infinity ect".

peep

CF Legend
^Buzz does talk but I think it's just random lines. Apparently some peeps have heard them testing the sound when they've been walking past.

Rush

Giga Poster
Damn! Can't believe I missed this by about 4 days! From what I saw it did look pretty good and I think Disney have overall done an excellent job with it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
^Buzz does talk but I think it's just random lines. Apparently some peeps have heard them testing the sound when they've been walking past.

What language does he speak? ;) [/TS3 reference]

Waffleman

Mega Poster
nadroJ said:
The park really could have done with something with a much higher capacity.

Maybe the park gets rides with small capacity to make the park busier and extend the length of time people spend in the park, making them think "Maybe we should have a day just for the studios next time we go".

marc

CF Legend
I was just looking at the videos from the preview night.

As much as the area looks good there is just bugger all there and it really does look tiny :( On a busy day I feel it is going to get rather nasty in there.

Dont get me wrong I think the park needed new things but I just wish they made this area bigger with more stuff in there. It is very much like the Bug Land in California Adventure where hardly anyone re visits and that is what I am worried about with this.

When the other new area opens then I think the park will do so much better.

Can I just say with regards to the above post. Long times in ride queues do not help the parks at all, people tend to either leave the park or not spend money in the park. Thorpe park last year proved this during halloween when they limited the number of people going in, people that were there were a lot happier got the rides done and bought more pictures etc. It is not very good to be in a park for 7 hours when 4 of them have been spent queuing for 3 rides.

Is this enough to get people who have been before to spend a whole day in the park? Still no I do not think. In order not to queue hours for the new ride you will have to get there 1st thing so it will still be a case of being done within a few hours.

As I said though it does look great theme wise and its a good addition to the park for sure.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Dont get me wrong I think the park needed new things but I just wish they made this area bigger with more stuff in there.

With the Ratatouille area next door, I get the feeling they're going be making some kind of large toon area, with different themed/film sections.

Which potentially sounds great....

marc

CF Legend
Yes I agree, I hope they link them together though.

I actually think the main park needs a Toon Town anyway.

marc

CF Legend
Well what has been said about the new coaster has not been very good.

Slow loading long queues and a very short cycle :(