What's new

Toverland's Expansion Plan

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster

Toverland will expand Avalon with several attractions in the near future (perhaps as early as 2022). This expansion is not a part of the 20-year plan described above. I just wanted to mention it here in this threat bc it's also an expansion.

When I look at the place that is left, I choose a typical Zamperla family attraction jet ski and a topspin built in like Talocan in Phantasialand but in a medieval theme (a ruin or something like that). Alternatively, a disc'O can also fit nicely into the theme. The 2 places where new additions can fit without effectively expanding the area are the following:
View attachment 11848
Red: a Zamperla jet ski on this part of the pond.
Blue: a disk'O fits or topspin fits perfectly here.

*Yellow: is also possible but I consider that to be outside the area and I do not see an attraction over there.

How do you know this?

of the three you mention I could see a disk'O - themed to 'knights of the round table' fitting in well... not sure about a topspin if I'm honest!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

Toverland will expand Avalon with several attractions in the near future (perhaps as early as 2022). This expansion is not a part of the 20-year plan described above. I just wanted to mention it here in this threat bc it's also an expansion.

When I look at the place that is left, I choose a typical Zamperla family attraction jet ski and a topspin built in like Talocan in Phantasialand but in a medieval theme (a ruin or something like that). Alternatively, a disc'O can also fit nicely into the theme. The 2 places where new additions can fit without effectively expanding the area are the following:
View attachment 11848

*Yellow: is also possible but I consider that to be outside the area and I do not see an attraction over there.

The area behind Merlin's quest seems like it would be a good shout for a new ride tbh, it's the biggest open space0411platfenix1.jpg

UP87

Mega Poster
I hope they don't build anything in that red circle. I think it'd destory the feeling of that area. It's really nice with that open feeling and that bit of untouched water really adds to that.

Ries

Mega Poster
I hope they don't build anything in that red circle. I think it'd destory the feeling of that area. It's really nice with that open feeling and that bit of untouched water really adds to that.

Agree,
But a drop-tower standing in the water, would be something.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
The area behind Merlin's quest seems like it would be a good shout for a new ride tbh, it's the biggest open spaceView attachment 11852

Yeah I know, but it would be weird imo to build an attraction right against the back of Merlin's Quest station.

An indoor attraction in a building as extention of the "boathouse" could be possible though. Thematically it must be very well done to make this look good if they really gonna put something on this spot. The entrance and qeueu of the ride can be somewhere near the blue circle I draw.

View attachment 11848

What about a Big Wavez concept from Zamperla in the yellow area maybe?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
No they are Ugly as sin! - something like that would not fit Toverland's aesthetic!
With the right aesthetic and creative design firm it could work. Although it'd oddly noted that Toverland is among the few expanding/rapid-growth European parks to have not yet contracted Zamperla as a ride supplier at some point within the last decade or so (or I could be very wrong). Given Zamperla as a company, that will almost guaranteed inevitably change.

Sterrenstof

Roller Poster
It is wise of them to add more to Avalon: the time spent in that area of the park is too little to justify the efforts they made in landscaping and theming. If there's more to do visitors might be more easily lured into the Flaming feather as wel?

If they choose to add a drop tower, I would prefer something more unique like the Skyjumps from Intamin. We've seen far too many Funtime towers open in the recent years.

That aside I think it's odd to have 4 attractions open in the same year without adding a new zone. Split it and you can advertise a new attraction every year!

Great to see Toverland investing again they've had a quiet one since Fenix!!
I wouldn't say the revamp of their log flume deserves to be called 'quiet'.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
It is wise of them to add more to Avalon: the time spent in that area of the park is too little to justify the efforts they made in landscaping and theming. If there's more to do visitors might be more easily lured into the Flaming feather as wel?

If they choose to add a drop tower, I would prefer something more unique like the Skyjumps from Intamin. We've seen far too many Funtime towers open in the recent years.

That aside I think it's odd to have 4 attractions open in the same year without adding a new zone. Split it and you can advertise a new attraction every year!

I wouldn't say the revamp of their log flume deserves to be called 'quiet'.
Didn't actually know they were revamping zork that's interesting!!

Knortie307

Roller Poster
we dont know how high the droptower will be... so dont get our hopes up for a high tower. because of the nature area around it. and i personally think they bought 4 rides in bulk

cookie

Giga Poster
A Falcon’s Fury-style drop tower with a phoenix theme to complement the wing coaster would be pretty swell. Would help it stand out in the region from the likes of Dalton Terror and High Fall also.

cookie

Giga Poster
Toverland has officially applied for a permit to open a permanent camping resort by 2024. It is set to replace the temporary accomodations that were erected in the summer of 2020. Insiders report it’ll have a Greek theme to match the nearby Ithaka area.