What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Of course it won't be launched because family coaster...right...but that video...
So hyped for this even from that short snippet of music.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Wasn't there a rumour a while back about it being King Arthur themed? Based off the teasers and what we know is going in the area, I could see the area at least being themed to a castle, along with knights and dragons and stuff. Would fit Toverland nicely and a wingrider themed to a dragon just works.

Also Looopings have reported that from summer next year (presumably when the area opens), ticket prices will rise almost 15%, meaning it'll be the first time that standard admission to the park is over €30. Given what we're getting though, I'd say that's pretty fair.

EDIT: Toverland fansite are live streaming the press conference on their Facebook. It's all in Dutch, of course. Can't link as I'm only on smartphone and that's a pain, but it appears the coaster or area will be called 'Avalon'.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
https://2018.toverland.com/en/

The website has updated confirming the theme is the legend of King Arthur/Merlin.
Coaster concept art.
FĒNIX
Construction: Bolliger & Mabillard
Type: Wing Coaster
Height: 40 metres
Total length: 813 metres
Maximum speed: 95 km/u
Inversions: 3
Seats: 24 riders per train
Trains: 2 trains, each containing six coaches
Duration: 2 minutes, boarding and disembarking not included
Capacity: 1,000 riders per hour
Minimal length: 1.40 metres
22.jpg

23.jpg

The Mack Boat ride will be 12 minutes long and will be called Merlin's Quest.
18.jpg

19.jpg

ThomVD

Giga Poster
The area looks gorgeous. Really excited for this project. I doubt the wing coaster will be anything great, but it's still a new B&M in the Netherlands. The boat ride looks fab too. After this investment Toverland will finally be a proper full-sized day park.

peep

CF Legend
Well the theming looks great. The ride barely has any themed near-misses though which is the only good thing with wingriders so I can't help but be disappointed on the ride side of things. I'm sure it'll be a fun addition to the park and the area will be nice.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Looks fab! @Jarrett nailed it as well with the Phoenix train. Does anyone know any background on the owners of Toverland? Have they made a bad / odd decision regarding investment to the park? Everything they've done has been a great move and has been pulled off immaculately it would seem.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So... It is that mediocre layout we've seen, but with the colours and theming, it looks one of the best!

Oh, and you can change the topic title now!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
the area looks amazing. but there is a difference compared to the leaked layout. the final turn now goes the other way which means almost every turn on this ride is now to the right hand side.

which is a bit of a shame really as the people on the left hand side of the train will never get the low to the ground skimming sensation.