What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
I have to say, I wasn't buying it at first but Fenix does look fab. The pacing looks fantastic, far better than any other wing coaster in that respect.
Shame about the beginning but I'm sure it'll get work done to it, plus I guess it's not the main draw for a coaster like that anyway.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
To be honest I was seriously amazed that they managed to pretty much finish and open both areas on time. A couple months back it seemed almost impossible.

Yeah that some things aren't done is disappointing to see but at the same time kt was obviously for the park to have them open in time for the summer season - especially Port Laguna with it being the large new entrance the park desperately needs.
At least Toverland is one of the parks we can trust to eventually finish off and improve the minor things, and not just be content with the current state of everything.

Still really looking forward to experiencing it all later this month. It looks amazing.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Yep count me impressed. Perhaps there'll actually be airtime on that hill too. A beautiful adition to a lovely little park.
And we're not gonna start judging rollercoasters on their views from the brake run surely @ATI ? That's absurd.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
In order to realize this in 10 months, they have certainly created beautiful themed areas.

About the non-themed wall: this is regrettable indeed but as previous said, this wall will probably get theming in the future. I also expect thematization in the station (maybe when they'll probably theme the other side of the building as well when the hotel and new area around the second lake is being built)

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
We also should consider that it's already pretty late into the year. When the next winter is over, Fenix will have been more closed than opened since Toverland's Winterseason goes from November 5th until March 31st. That gives them plenty of time to finish up things and I'm confident that they will do that as I don't expect any other new stuff for 2019. But considering how large this investment was, they definitely need to capitalize on the investment this summer, so I don't blame them. You can clearly see the forethought put into this, so it would be weird to not actualize on that.

Snoo

The Legend
The online feedback of Fenix has been a resoundingly positive one with some people saying it's the best wing coaster in Europe!

To be honest, this may be the best overall anywhere in my opinion. Thunderbird at HW is my favorite followed by X-Flight at SFGAm but this would definitely give it a run for the money.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
To be honest, this may be the best overall anywhere in my opinion. Thunderbird at HW is my favorite followed by X-Flight at SFGAm but this would definitely give it a run for the money.
Pretty much this.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
I don't think it's going to be on level with Thunderbird, but, I think it'll be up there. I'll find out in just over a month :D

I really think it will depend on the forces as this by far looks to be the most powerful of the bunch as the others tend to just swoop through their elements. If it can pack a punch in the short layout it has.. you could see it. However, if it doesn't.. nevermind. :D

Lofty

CF Legend
I meant on a personal note, sorry. Just the sheer love I have for Thunderbird will be hard to rival, and I sincerely hope it does.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I meant on a personal note, sorry. Just the sheer love I have for Thunderbird will be hard to rival, and I sincerely hope it does.
I'm with Lofty here. Thunderbird is something special.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Well, Fenix can certainly the best Wing Coaster at what it does: being a perfectly integrated landmark. The fact that it combines this with a powerful ride-experience makes it a spectacular 1-2-punch-combo, but of course that comes with limitations in terms of the elements you can do.

The Swarm for example is a very short ride that consists of precisely five very-well refined elements and it's all about these elements (except for the stupid double-break-run. What's up with that BTW? Would a final sharp turnaround have been too expensive or what?) so they chose a dystopian theme that is very easy to slap on top of something that already exists.

Thunderbird takes the element-focused way of designing a Wing Coaster to the perfection, but Fenix does this process vice versa: the designers created the visual impression the ride is supposed to give and built the elements around that. Considering that a Wing-Coaster is at least 50% just about the aesthetics, they might be the first people who fully understood the point of a Wing Coaster.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Not sure where to put this, so starting with here: according to the Toverland calendar on their webpage, Troy will stay open during the entire winter season for the first time. This means a couple of things:

1. Visiting during the winter season and especially the annual pass is REALLY worth it now (100 buckerooskis).

2. Since they have another big coaster now and can afford it, we should expect some weeks of closure for Troy during March-May for maintenance.

I like this move tbh. Troy stays the main star during the winter season, while Fenix takes that job for the summer. It also would be kinda silly for a park that has become this large to turn into a „dinky indoor-playground“ during the winter months.

Snoo

The Legend
I'm with Lofty here. Thunderbird is something special.

Agreed. There is a reason.. I think.. it's in my Top 20. I think. Don't quote me. :p

Thunderbird at night though? Legendary. @Lofty, please tell me you slapped that baby during the evening hours.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Rode this today - got 3 rides including front and back rides.

It's fun, has good speed and looks very pretty. It's nothing special, but it compliments Toverland's line up very well, and I hope it goes down well.

Left hand side is better than right in my opinion, and front was better than back. The pre lift area clearly isn't finished and I'm intrigued to see what they do with it. The batching process is a bit messy and I question how it'll work long term. The queue is wonderfully themed.

Merlin's Quest is a nice boat ride. Bit long for what it does, especially since it's away from the core of the park currently. The indoor section is nice.

Port Laguna is fab.

Overall, a really solid investment for the park, a real statement of intent for the park. Once it's bedded in it'll be truly beautiful.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I mean, not gonna lie, that photo has been my avatar for almost 4 years cos I'm lazy. Swarm has gone down in my rankings over those 4 years too.

It's a different experience to Swarm too - Swarm is a bit more elegant with the odd bit of force, and a focus on looking scary with near misses. Fenix is noticeably speedier and more intense, and a focus on just looking pretty.

Matt N

CF Legend
I mean, not gonna lie, that photo has been my avatar for almost 4 years cos I'm lazy. Swarm has gone down in my rankings over those 4 years too.

It's a different experience to Swarm too - Swarm is a bit more elegant with the odd bit of force, and a focus on looking scary with near misses. Fenix is noticeably speedier and more intense, and a focus on just looking pretty.
Would you personally take Fenix or Swarm, or are they too different to compare, out of interest?