Maverick
Magnum XL
Phoenix
Stormrunner
Nitro
Talon
Thunderhead
Millennium Force

I have Bizarro as a cred, but I rode it in some whatever middle row and don't remember it well, which is why it isn't here.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2013 Edition

I have to remind myself to ride Bizarro on the back row, something I haven't done yet.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Snoo said:
MF actually isn't bad, it just isn't as good as many make it out to be.. might be because I've been on it like 300 times. The drop is still great tho. Our last trip a few weeks ago was my favorite ride in a few years actually.

But, I do like airtime more then speed.. so etc etc.

And who doesn't? But I thought it all works well enough and has enough airtime. We'll see if Bizarro is better, it seems it just from POV.
Also maybe I had a bad ride on B Dash (??) it was fun as hell and I was ejected a few times, but lots of it was kinda lackluster. I expected sweet ass floater on every hill, it was very cool and rainy though, and I only got one ride :cry:

Snoo

The Legend

Honestly, the fanfare for BD has subsided since 2008 when it was retracked and hit the scene. Before that.. I thought it would be ok and nothing special.. and it soared to #1. Now? Some expect #1.. when it wont be that. It will be just a good/great ride. Rain does tend to make it crap tho.. from the last few years experiences.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Well I always miss the rides in original form and get the watered down version so no surprise there :x
I'll hit the place up again, hopefully on a better day.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Top 10: 2013 Edition

Update :wink:

1. Boulder Dash
2. Outlaw Run
3. El Toro
4. Skyrush
5. Wild Mouse (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
6. Voyage
7. Superman:Ride of Steel/Bizarro
8. Colossos
9. Leviathan
10. Top Thrill Dragster
11. Shambhala
12. X-Flight
13. Maverick
14. Goliath (Walibi Holland)
15. blue fire Megacoaster
16. X2
17. Nemesis
18. Tatsu
19. Phoenix
20. Beast
21. Boardwalk Bullet
22. Intimidator 305
23. Iron Rattler
24. Ravine Flyer II
25. Furious Baco

New entries for 2013 in bold.

Although Dragon Khan was awesome, it still couldn't quite make it into my Top 25 and I don't want to hear about how awful Furious Baco is. I had two great rides today, but in the same seat each time (front inside left).

jolash

Mega Poster

I have a real hard time ranking rides, let alone making a Top Anything list. The 5 in my signature are probably the favorite of my favorites, but I wouldn't put them in any particular order either. I guess some other favorites are Beast, Raptor, Gatekeeper, Storm Runner, Raven, Legend, Griffon, Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, Ravine Flyer II, and I'm sure a few others I've forgotten.

Snoo

The Legend

For me, I just kinda compare how much fun I had on the ride to the ride above it. Shock value elevates some rides higher but that dies down over time.

Of course, fun varies from person to person, but that's how I do it.

jolash

Mega Poster

I guess I'll think it over. I like to put two side-by-side, and say, "if someone said you get one ride, right now, any seat, but can only choose one ride, which would it be?" but it gets tricky for some.

Hutch

Strata Poster

I usually just ask myself "What would I rather go on? This ride or that ride?" ;)

Edward M

Strata Poster

^ I don't usually do that. If I did, my favorite ride would be El Toro as I think I might have gotten a bad ride. I think of rides I just had the most fun on or I just love the most. Outlaw Run is better than Millennium Force, but I enjoy Millennium Force more.

jolash

Mega Poster

Edward M said:
^ I don't usually do that. If I did, my favorite ride would be El Toro as I think I might have gotten a bad ride. I think of rides I just had the most fun on or I just love the most. Outlaw Run is better than Millennium Force, but I enjoy Millennium Force more.
That's why it's YOUR top 10. New Texas Giant is by far the best ride I've ever ridden, but its far from #1 in my top rides.

bmac

Giga Poster

Counting the list of rides I've been on in the last 5 years, since I don't trust my judgement of rides I haven't been on before 2008.

1) Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
2) Phoenix @ Knoebels
3) El Toro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
4) Skyrush @ Hersheypark
5) Apollo's Chariot @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg
6) Storm Runner @ Hersheypark
7) Maverick @ Cedar Point
8) Magnum XL-200 @ Cedar Point
9) Intimidator 305 @ Kings Dominion
10) Lighting Racer @ Hersheypark
11) Grizzly @ Kings Dominion
12) Talon @ Dorney Park
13) Twister @ Knoebels
14) Great White @ Morey's Piers
15) Dragon Challenge (Joint) @ Universal Studios: IoA
16) Roar @ Six Flags America
17) Millennium Force @ Cedar Point
18) Comet @ Hersheypark
19) Hydra @ Dorney Park
20) Superman: RoS @ Six Flags America
21) Alpengeist @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg
22) Big Bad Wolf @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg
23) Coney Island Cyclone @ Astroworld / Luna Park
24) Blue Streak @ Cedar Point
25) Griffon @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Notable Rides Missing / Last Ridden:
-Kumba @ Busch Gardens Tampa (2006)
-Montu @ Busch Gardens Tampa (2006)
-Sheikra @ Busch Gardens Tampa (2006)

Hutch

Strata Poster

Edward M said:

I get what your saying, I actually do that too. But if I get a bad ride on a coaster, I would rather ride something else that I had a better time on (probably should've been more clear with that earlier).

When I decide what my favorite coasters are, I think of what my ride experiences were like, and how much I enjoyed them. The coaster that I enjoyed the most (TTD) becomes the ride I'd rather go on the most, and it becomes my favorite cred.

So if could ride any of my creds right now, I would choose TTD, which I had the most fun on. I wouldn't choose a coaster that I didn't have any fun on, or had a bad ride on (like Mantis, bleh).

Edward M

Strata Poster

Sanchezmran said:
So if could ride any of my creds right now, I would choose TTD

But aren't you tired of always being on TTD :wink: .

If I could ride any coaster though, I would ride Outlaw, Maverick, or Toro. They are just best I've ridden. However, if I could choose one last ride to ride that's already on my list. It would be Beast.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

I often find it difficult to rank coasters (mainly in my top 10 or 20) and i often find that i bunch up rides with similar features. Airtime is my favourite feature in a coaster, so i put the smooth airtime machines at the top (Goliath, EGF and Piraten). After that Intensity is my second favourite feature, so i will put the rides i love the most, mainly because of the intensity second (X2, Tatsu, Montu); X2 higher because of its uniqueness.

After that i have another airtime machine, Balder but i put that lower than the other ones because i do not think it is quite as diverse in its layout. Next i have Nemesis that is another intense coaster, but feels slightly less special than the other ones (maybe because i have ridden it a lot). After that i have Troy, which brings a whole new feature of a coaster with it's relentless speed, which i absolutely love, but not quite as much as the others.

The coasters above are the ones i give 10/10 to and after that i tend to bunch coasters less and just place them where i feel they should go, based on how much i enjoyed the ride, how thrilling it was and how larger effect it's negative/s had on me. Black mamba slots into my top 10 (above the rest of my 9/10 coasters) purely based on the fact, i struggle to grasp what the negative is and i guess its more of a general feeling that stops it being a 10. However, it is still an excellent ride and i will re-evaluate its position when i ride it in a few days, if it is necessary.

Really, riding and enjoying coasters is the best thing about our hobby and things like ranking are secondary to that, as some may people may not want to do it, i just happen to enjoy it. A coaster doesn't have to be in my top 10 for me to really enjoy, heck i love riding any coaster in my top 100 and a bit beyond, just because they are good coasters.

Hobbes

Mega Poster

I've got some weird choices, so I guess I'll try to explain myself a bit.

1. Millennium Force
I know MForce is far from the best in the world, and that its layout isn't special, and all the other negative comments it gets, but it's still my favorite ride. The drop is amazing, it's perfectly smooth, and the speed is awesome. It's just pure, endless fun and I could ride it over and over again.

2. El Toro
I really don't feel a need to explain too much here. El Toro is simply amazing, with crazy airtime and a relentless pace.

3. Boulder Dash
BDash is a pure airtime machine, and being a terrain coaster only makes it better. I almost feel like I'm ranking it too low given how great it is, but I blame that on the fact that Lake Compounce is my home park. I've been riding it since long before I became an enthusiast, and somehow that just diminishes its glory.

4. Kumba
Kumba is amazingly intense, and every second is brilliant. Its zero-g roll is one of my favorite moments on any coaster, it's perfect. The ride keeps up its intense pace until the end and leaves me breathless.

5. Intimidator
I know Intimidator is usually considered one of the worse B&M hypers, but I thought it was a great ride. I love the open trains and the turnaround, and it just has that unidentifiable quality that makes the ride seem so alive to me.

6. Batman: The Ride
This is hands down my favorite invert. The loop, zero-g, loop combo is great fun, and it packs a bigger punch than any other invert I've been on. This intensity is great, especially on a coaster that looks relatively small. I just think its awesome to see a smaller ride that has such great forces.

7. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
I don't see this coaster discussed much, but I thought it was a really fun ride. The restraints were comfortable, the non-inverting loop was very cool, and the layout's tight transitions made for an overall very fun ride. The music just added to the experience.

8. Sheikra
Despite being a rather short ride, Sheikra was brilliant. Of course, the drop was amazing, especially on the front outside seats. In the back row, the Immelmann provided great negative-gs, and there was a decent head chopper going under the MCBR. The second drop had great airtime. Overall, despite its length, Sheikra was great.

9. Incredible Hulk
Overall, Hulk is a solid ride, with pretty much no negative qualities to it. It makes this list for one reason: The launch into the zero-g roll is absolutely brilliant, and my personal favorite moment on any ride. The rest is pretty standard for B&M, but that zero-g is amazing.

10. Montu
Montu is just a great B&M invert, but like Hulk, it has one element that earns it a place on the list. The batwing is absolutely brilliant, and is one of my favorite elements. It has great positive gs, and the rest of Montu's solid layout earns it my number 10 spot.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Re: Top 10: 2013 Edition

Really I have like a top...7ish after that it's not really a concrete rank at all.

ECG said:
Update :wink:

1. Boulder Dash
2. Outlaw Run
3. El Toro
4. Skyrush
5. Wild Mouse (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
6. Voyage
7. Superman:Ride of Steel/Bizarro
8. Colossos
9. Leviathan
10. Top Thrill Dragster
11. Shambhala
12. X-Flight
13. Maverick
14. Goliath (Walibi Holland)
15. blue fire Megacoaster
16. X2
17. Nemesis
18. Tatsu
19. Phoenix
20. Beast
21. Boardwalk Bullet
22. Intimidator 305
23. Iron Rattler
24. Ravine Flyer II
25. Furious Baco

New entries for 2013 in bold.

Although Dragon Khan was awesome, it still couldn't quite make it into my Top 25 and I don't want to hear about how awful Furious Baco is. I had two great rides today, but in the same seat each time (front inside left).

Wild Mouse eh??

Hobbes

Mega Poster

CookieCoasters said:
^ Its really nice to see someone who takes time to explain their choices :)

Given that I include rides like Batman, Intimidator, and H:RRR, but exclude rides like Maverick and Nitro, I don't feel like I had much of a choice.