4) Outlaw Run SDC
5) Thunderhead Dollywood
6) Raging Bull SFGAm
7) Superman: Ride of Steel SFA
8) Top Thrill Dragster CP
9) X Flight SFGAm
10) Mr Freeze SFStL

Updates in bold.

Thunderhead was great. A LOT more airtime than I expected from a GCI.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2015 Edition - page 27

1. Helix - Liseberg
2. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park
3. Dragon Khan - Port Aventura
4. Junker - Power Park
5. Piraten - Djurs Sommerland
6. Juvelen - Djurs Sommerland
7. Tornado - Bakken
8. Insane - Gröna Lund
9. Daemonen - Tivoli Gardens
10. Silver Star - Europa Park

I was a bit surprised that no woodies made it to the list (neither Balder nor Thunderbird), but I wasn't surprised that all three B&M's I've ridden are there :p

Ben

CF Legend

^Without sounding shady, why do you have Daemonen above Balder?

Like, that's just unheard of.

In fact, most of that list above Balder! Why do you hate Balder so :(

Darren B

Giga Poster

And Thunderbird. Thunderbird is fabulous. Daemonen isn't awful, it just doesn't do anything.

Ben

CF Legend

^Insane is above them bae.

Insane.

That's, well, insane.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster

Wow chill out dudes :p It's just that while Balder has a great first drop and plenty of airtime, I kinda find the layout repetitive and uninspiring. It's still probably my favourite woodie so far and could very well be the #11 (haven't thought about it). Daemonen has a super-compact layout which shows that maybe one day we could finally have a B&M here in Finland. And while I agree that it isn't the most flashy, Daemonen still has an Immelmann and a zero-g-roll (my favourite inversions) and it's so pretty to look at both during the day and at night. Thunderbird was great when it opened, but now that I rode it last week, it kinda felt slow.

As for why Insane is so high, I like my rides forceful, even to the point of graying-out :--D

Darren B

Giga Poster

^I'll let you off because Helix is your number 1. But still, Insane and Daemonen. WOW.

Ketchup

Mega Poster

Had a chance to think about mine after my recent trip to the States. Skyrush is just so awesome that it's worth the pain, you really fear for your life on that ride.

1. Skyrush
2. Fury 325
3. Goliath (SFGAM)
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. X2
6. The Voyage
7. Maverick
8. Nemesis
9. Kumba
10. Leviathan

Bizarro is nowhere near as good as it was in 2006 when I went on it as S:ROS and that goes from my #1 to outside my top 10!

Ben

CF Legend

^Surprised about your feelings regarding Bizarro, that went from somewhere at the bottom of my top 25 to right in my top ten this year.

But, you've got Skyrush where it belongs so <3

Ketchup

Mega Poster

I think it's the new restraints that made the difference. They just seemed to kill much of the ejector air that I remembered it having. It's still a good ride but it's gone down to an 8/10 ride from a 10/10 ride in my view.

Also while it doesn't detract from the layout of the ride, that Bizarro soundtrack is abysmal and borderline cringe-worthy. I know Six Flags parks are generally pretty naff and almost make Thorpe Park seem sophisticated in comparison but I think hearing some moron chant 'BIZARRO, BIZARRO' in my ears on the brake run made me want to go insane.

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster

New additions post CP:

1. Raptor CP
2. Millennium Force
3. Fury325
4. Afterburn
5. Maverick
6. Goliath SFOG
7. Mindbender SFOG
8. Griffon
9. Top Thrill Dragster
10. Wicked Twister/Magnum XL 200

Ben

CF Legend

^Mate, you're going to have to explain why Raptor is number one above some really amazing rides!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

He obviously just really likes Raptor! If everyone loved Skyrush the world would be pretty boring. And imagine the queue!!!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Because LFTL never had TTD in her Top Ten ever. :wink:

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Yeah, I love to see people with 'unusual' lists. When I see the cliche top 10s I just scroll further, but having a unique top 10 is actually a lot more interesting. It's great to see people who aren't afraid to have a different opinion than most! But it's not unusual for those three to pick on people with different opinions, as you can see in the past couple of pages :p Nothing wrong with a bit of discussion though.

Ben

CF Legend

If you're going to have an unusual opinion expect it to be picked up for discussion on a discussion board.

It's no fun if we all just sit here and go 'OK, cool'

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Yeah, I think it's great to question other opinions as it creates discussion which is always good, as long as it happens with respect. Questioning mental health isn't exactly going to start a proper discussion :wink: