What's new

Tony’s Chocolonely Chocolate Circus | Zaandam Netherlands | Indoor Park

Tulum

Mega Poster
Looks like Hershey's are not the only ones connecting chocolate and coasters - Today I stumbled across a project in the Netherlands by the dutch chocolate company Tony's Chocolely. Located near Amsterdam the company wants open a kind of factory tour in an old warehouse that is also supposed to host an indoor rollercoaster. Supposed to open in 2022, the project still seems to wait for permits.

There is also a (very bad) impression, rather a picture of the warehouse that is supposed to be redeveloped.
royal-haskoningdhv-provides-support-in-tonys-chocolonely-chocolate-circus-1.jpeg

(source: tonyschocolonely.com)

- More details on I am Expat.
- The project on rcdb.
- pdf by Chocolonely.

So let's see how the project develops. Already having a Flying Theater and a Dungeon, the tourist region might make this project possible. (Leaving the Rotterdam Attractiepark Pproject aside.)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    373.8 KB · Views: 14

Matt N

CF Legend
Should be a fun little attraction to visit! I'm not going to lie, I'd love to see Cadbury do something similar in Britain near their factory in Bournville. I know it almost definitely wouldn't get planning permission, and I'm not sure if they have the space, but I can dream!

Rupert

Mega Poster
Interesting. It will be interesting to see how this fits in with The Netherlands’ new strategy to reduce tourist numbers’ growth and instead become more sustainable:

Amsterdam, home to 1.1 million people, attracts more than 17 million visitors a year when including day-trippers and Dutch locals.

But, in a sign that the problem is not getting people into the city but managing the crowds, the city’s Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum are breaking from attending a major US travel convention at the end of the year.

In a symbolic move last year, an enormous sculpture spelling out “Iamsterdam” was also removed from the square in front of the Rijksmuseum.

The local municipality is also seeking to halt the growth of hotels, souvenir shops, ticket sales outlets and cheese shops. Schiphol airport’s capacity is to be capped and passenger vessels are to be moved out of the city’s centre.

From https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...o-control-tourism-boom?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Nothing is better than Milka or Cadbury's. :)

Then again I need to bear in mind that Mars exist as they make some pretty awesome chocolate too.

Hershey's is dog ****e.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Honestly never tried it, hows it stack against Milka & Cadbury's?

It's quite a dense chocolate, I guess is the best way to describe it. I guess maybe similar to like a Yorkie; so depends on your feeling about them.

The bigger difference though is the fact that Tony's has a wider variety of types of chocolate (different cacao percentages) and also a lot of flavours not in Milka and Cadburys. And the cost; much more expensive than Milka and Cadburys.

Matt N

CF Legend
They could still be getting a fair amount of revenue during lockdowns, so if the chocolate is expensive, then they could have a fair bit of money to spend on a coaster!

shawnoc

Mega Poster
@Matt N what planet are you on? You’re optimism is going in overdrive. If they are making money out of expensive chocolate, the majority of that money would go into....... well the chocolate side of the business.
yes they are building an attraction but expecting a top end coaster is just far beyond realistic.
Love your optimism some time mate.... but come on

Matt N

CF Legend
@Matt N what planet are you on? You’re optimism is going in overdrive. If they are making money out of expensive chocolate, the majority of that money would go into....... well the chocolate side of the business.
yes they are building an attraction but expecting a top end coaster is just far beyond realistic.
Love your optimism some time mate.... but come on
Of course money from chocolate will mostly go back into chocolate, but they might invest some of it into the new park.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I'm surprised no one has touched on how ethical Tony's stuff is. Whilst movements like fair trade exist and in recent years brands have been moving away from that label to provide their own certification, Tony's big selling point for people I know is that its' 100% slave free, and they want to prove it in big statements that other brands simply don't acknowledge or boast about in the same way.

The chocolate itself is really nice, as has been mentioned quite similar to yorkie, but the addition of a clean conscience in enjoying it makes it sweeter.

Will be cool to see how they develop this project! Quite a curious one. The amount of RCT3 campaigns I started around the cadbury factory...

SDaniel

Roller Poster
I'm surprised no one has touched on how ethical Tony's stuff is.
Ethical, but expensive! I buy Tony Chocolonely on special occasions, because it's my girlfriend's favorite, but Lidl chocolate is also Fairtrade and tasts pretty good for every day consumption! I've been working in a Belgium chocolate factory for many years, so I know what good chocolate is! (I've been spoiled, haha) If this rollercoaster circus gets built, I will go there with my children to ride it, see the factory and buy lots of chocolate ;)