What's new

Toilet Bowl Helix

I thought it was considered a toilet bowl helix if the radius of the turns keep getting smaller and smaller...

I'm with Snoo, probably more than 360 degrees. I don't think there are more than a handful of them out there in real life though are there. Some odd ones in Asia and Loch Ness Monster, anyone know any others?

My favorite all-time helix, Goliath at SFOG.

I would even go and say that to be classed as a "Toilet-bowl" helix it would have to be more than 540°, why? Well a one and a half helix are pretty common as a turn around element on out and back coasters (like the one that ECG said)...

04j9p2onh06n504ta002ic.jpg

Now this is a real "Toilet bowl" helix!! (Surf Coaster at Hakkejima Seaparadise <3)

I'm not claiming that Goliath has a toilet bowl helix, but it is "more than 360 degrees" & has a downward spiral.

^ In know which one it is, but it doesn't get past 540° which is what I think should be the minimum limit as I explained in my post earlier...

Haven't all those old skool Pinfari's got more than a 360?

The Zyklon Z40:
fqdh2711iso0048l80bj4o.jpg

The Galaxi:
6gi001h1l01ecj02ick1kg.jpg

I believe the looping Zyklons do too:
jljj4ogun20soo00c9l80b.jpg

There's still loads of them about.

Then there's this beauty. This give the phrase 'Toilet Bowl Helix' a whole new dimension...

2129t80bj4o0nsf0eq800c.jpg

First things first, this is a fictitious bit of terminology. :razz: There is no real "industry standard" in terms for helix degrees (such as more than 360 degrees).

Anyhow, the Schwarzkopf Wildcat 65M model features a finale 540 degree helix. Take that as a toilet bowl, if you want, it is pretty fun!

950190000ld0pnsqo1fv80.jpg

I also agree with Jerry, Goliath's "Death from Above" helix is completely and utterly amazing.

loefet said:
^ In know which one it is, but it doesn't get past 540° which is what I think should be the minimum limit as I explained in my post earlier...

Oo I know you do.. but I was just posting a picture for the love of it. :D