What's new

Tivoli Gardens | 3 new rides | 2026-2030

Niles

Giga Poster
Tivoli Gardens have announced to the press they have three new projects they hope to be open between 2026-2030

One of the three has been confirmed to be a new “wild” roller coaster saying “After closing Vertigo a few years ago, we need something big, wild and fast, and we’ve started planning for it,”

Two more new rides will open at the park in 2026, the director also said, "It will be something for the daring, something of the kind we call a 'family experience,'"

This fall, work will begin to renovate the side of the park where the existing Demon roller coaster is located. The two new rides will be built here by 2026.

Source

Last edited:

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Unfortunately, that source is not accurate. A roller coaster has not been directly mentioned, so not sure where they got that from. I see that the source screamscape.com has used also calls Vertigo a roller coaster, so maybe that explains the confusion... Just so we adjust expectations accordingly.

Niles

Giga Poster
Thanks @TheCoasterCruiser have changed the title.

Original source here: Link

They dont directly say a coaster but it does seem like they are looking at something big in the future so fingers crossed.

TilenB

Strata Poster
What kind of attraction was Vertigo and where in the park was it located?
Vertigo was a Technical Park Flying Fury (pretty much a vertical flat ride, so it took up basically no space).

I've never visited the park when this was still in operation, but afaik, it was located in the Western part of the park, between the drop tower and the Zierer Force coaster.

Niles

Giga Poster
Reading the source while the park don't directly mention a coaster they also don't state the attraction will be in Vertigo's place, here is what was said in the original article.

One of the three new rides will be a “wild” new rollercoaster, Tivoli director Susanne Mørch Koch told news wire Ritzau. “After we closed [rollercoaster] Vertigo a few years ago, we need something big, wild and fast, and we have begun planning this,” she said. Project development and building permit applications will begin this year with construction to start in 1-2 years’ time, she said.

So how I'm understanding it that they want something to ack as their new big, wild and fast attraction not necessary going into Vertigos old space?

Either way hope we get more news or something from the park as I'm interested in what they hopefully will be getting.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
One of the three new rides will be a “wild” new rollercoaster, Tivoli director Susanne Mørch Koch told news wire Ritzau. “After we closed [rollercoaster] Vertigo a few years ago, we need something big, wild and fast, and we have begun planning this,” she said. Project development and building permit applications will begin this year with construction to start in 1-2 years’ time, she said.
It might be a translation error. I don't think there is a good Danish word for "thrill ride", but the word "rutsjebane" is short and similar enough that someone may apply the term regardless.