What's new

Tiger on the Loose Near Disneyland Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Paris (CNN) -- It's a tiger's tail.

That's what French citizens say they saw Thursday in woods and other areas not far from Disneyland Paris, according to a local official.

While authorities haven't managed to corner the animal, all witnesses identified it as a tiger, according to Cédric Tartaud-Gineste, mayoral cabinet director in Montévrain. The town's Facebook page indicates the animal is young.

Montévrain Mayor Christian Robache told CNN affiliate BFM that authorities believe the tiger was domesticated, though an investigation is ongoing.

As the hunt for the cat continues, local residents were told to stay inside and, if they have to go out, to drive rather than walk.

Both Chessy and Montévrain are adjacent to the Disney amusement park, which is about 40 kilometers (25 miles) west of Paris.

Yet there was no mention of the feline on the Disneyland Paris Twitter page, and park spokeswoman Cathy Pianon said the park's security team -- while it was working closely with local authorities -- was never asked to reinforce their security.

Pianon said operations weren't being affected at the park, which she described as closed and well guarded.

marc

CF Legend
Love it sky news saying they don't think it's related to DLP, they don't even have animals lol.

It's probably come from that zoo just down the road from there.

nealbie

CF Legend
Jordanovichy said:
Are tigers afraid of water? If they are I can think of a WET member that will be just fine :lol:

Tigers love water!

Here's a picture to lighten up the thread before it gets locked:
tigers-playing-in-the-water-580x386.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdk2C25Z14[/youtube]

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I think it's unlikely to actually be a tiger. The average person isn't up on their cat and animal identification so it's likely that they've just assumed, like they did in Essex. We'll see though.

TilenB

Strata Poster
It was confirmed that it wasn't a tiger, but rather an animal between the size of domesticated cat and the wild cat.
What a surprise...

marc

CF Legend
TilySlo said:
It was confirmed that it wasn't a tiger, but rather an animal between the size of domesticated cat and the wild cat.
What a surprise...

Same as what happened in Clacton then the other year lol

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Good thing it was fake, out of all the animals there is a tiger is probably the last one I would like to stumble upon during a walk outside..

anna_28

Roller Poster
Yeah. I have been to Disneyland Paris. There is a lot of fun. Now I am planning to visit Hong Kong Disneyland in the next month. Actually I want to visit Indiana Jones Adventure that is one of the biggest Disneyland Secrets.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I honestly can't tell if that is a spambot or not. Off-topic bump, "favourite coaster/park" fields all messed up, but the posted message is coherent and intelligent.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Thanks for the heads up Pokemaniac. The listed homepage on the account also leads to a "top 10 things to do at Disneyland"-type website. I suspect this to be a spamming attempt of boosting google rankings.

I am locking this topic and banning anna_28 for spam. If there is a real user behind the anna account and you believe I am acting in error, feel free to contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.